1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bovine Times

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mimur9, Feb 8, 2012.

1. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Hi tanoshii, I thought in abroad they will be arranging such tours as a source of revenue. Strange to hear that no such opportunity available. Here too not everyone permits outsiders. the one we went is a care centre and not a regular dairy farm hence we were so happy to meet those dwellers inside who needs someone to care for them :)

Vijimami, Glad you enjoyed the post with added features. smileys and photos express more what my words fall short for. thank you so much for joining me.

2. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Dear Mira,

Its a beautiful description of the Dairy farm...though i have never visited one ...i could visualize each and every bit of it ....

Nice to be away from the city for a while ....

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Mira, nice write up with pictures and all! You know there is a ISCKON temple where they have a "Goshala" and it is fun to go there. We do get an opportunity to visit some farms or ranches - it is always nice to see animals in such natural and seren surroundings and fortunately we do have a couple of friends who own farms and grow tons of vegetables and since it is all so seasonal, it is such a joy and usually fall is the time we get to visit thes places :) Thank you for reminding of all this sitting in this cold winter!

4. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Nice post Mira, loved the photos :)
    It is wonderful of your friend to have rescued the cows from going to the slaughter house. It is such a sad, heart breaking sight to see the trucks which carry the poor, underfed, bony cows to the slaughter house(not an uncommon sight on the highways :(
    We have a few cows back home and we used to spend the afternoons, feeding them different things and happily watch them eat in one quick swipe. Those cows loved corn and banana peels for some reason :)

5. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

That was very nice Mira!
    I enjoyed the trip and the peacefulness of the entire area seeped into me via your lovely photos.
    Nice to see someone taking good care of the cows and calves.
    Thanks for sharing this lovely trip with good photos and a fabulous writing style!

6. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

In the words of my little one 'awesome possum' post Mira.:thumbsup Knowing that there are such kind souls in this world as your friend who will think of rescuing these beautiful animals from the horror of slaughter houses is enough to make my day. And how cute the little baby calf looks!

We have a Sai temple in our town where there are 4 cows now and every time I go there, I get such joy looking at them.

Beautiful pictures to go with the beautiful post Mira. :cheers

7. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhargavi, thank you for joining me with your nostalgic bovine times

Dear Anisu, Glad that you could enjoy the moments through the narration. thanks for joining me.

Dear Srama, that's lovely to hear. So you can visit the friend and see the farm, have a picnic inside. thanks for joining me.

Dear Navs, you are right. It is a pity condition to see them loaded inside a truck in a cramped condition. That way Gujarath is against transporting animals outside the state and they care for the bovine friends very much. acha! they ate corn? Yes, banana is their favourite. Next time we are planning to buy bananas & cotton seed laddu to feed them. Thanks for joining me with your experience.

Dear Kamala, [​IMG] wow! buddy seeing you after a long long time. How do you do? I am just a small fish trying to swim into this deep ocean where great writers are there. Thanks for joining me and your words motivate me a lot.

Thank you Meena and my hugs & thanks to the little one too. Thanks for joining me.