1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

bottle Milk in the early morn..

Discussion in 'Infants' started by nutty_witty, Feb 2, 2012.

1. nutty_witty

nutty_witty Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    My son is 10 month old. He have her formula milk by 10 clock and goes to sleep. Again by 6, i am giving him one more time. usually he gets up by 8:30 or 9.

is it necessary to give him at 6 in the morn or i can wean that..
    for my daughter also i practiced the same, she is 4 yr , but now also she wakes up and ask for milk by 6 ( around that time). Please suggest.

2. Tweety

Tweety Bronze IL'ite

Hi Nutty,
    Have you started solids for your son?
    If so after having solid by 7pm a 10 month old can have formula @10pm and in morning you can give once he asks (cries) for. Or if he s not the type who asks for you gradually increase the time to 7 or 8am. My son don't cry till he sees the bottle. So I will not show to him until the milk is in correct temperature.

3. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

It is better to avoid giving bottle milk when the child is asleep since the milk deposits spoil the teeth. If you have started solids, giving him food before 8 pm and milk at around 10pm is enough.Try to wean him off. In the morning if he gets up at 7 am make him brush his teeth or goggle and then give milk in sipper/glass. Make this a practice slowly.

4. Pritirach

Pritirach Silver IL'ite

Even i need help on this...........

My DD just completed 1 yr 20 days back.She still sometimes gets up for feeding.I must add, i have compl;etely stopped her bottle feed during daytime.In morning after she wakes up she is fed in glass and also in the evening it is glass.Water in sippy.So no bottle when she is awake.She has no issues.She is happy with milk in glass.But..........she gets up at night and then starts crying.I have to give bottle then.I dont think she is hungry at that time.Pead suggestes to feed her dinner late.Have tried that still it is same.Sometimes she will have undisturbed sleep.But if she wakes up in middle of night for whatever disrbance/reason,she needs bottle.I have tried giving her water(in sippy)she drinks it compltely but still will not sleep without bottle.Now i can give water in the bottle instead of milk that is not the issue.My problem is her bottle addiction.

I find it difficult to hold her for long time in the middle of night to put her to sleep as i need to go to work next day.My Elder one never had this issue.He stopped his night feed automatically after started solids.I trained them both at around 9 months to stop bottle feed and use glass instead.By the time my son was year old his bottles were disposed off already.