1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

boring task?....do it now!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by vidyacvn, Feb 10, 2013.

1. vidyacvn

vidyacvn Silver IL'ite

All of us are busy with something or the other throughout the day. In fact, we sometimes have to schedule our tasks one after the other to make sure there is time for everything. Out of these, some tasks are really boring but.............they have to be done. The secret to this is to do the boring tasks first. If you reserve the boring or the most difficult task for later, then the thought of doing it keeps bothering us and by the time we reach the difficult task, we are fagged out and may even postpone doing it.Instead, if the boring and difficult task gets done first, the rest is easy. We finish the difficult task when we have the energy and our mind is free once it is over. I used to advise my kids also to do the same with their lessons. I always told them to finish boring or difficult assignments first so that they are free to work on the others. Try it and tell us how good the idea is.

1 person likes this.

2. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

:iagree:......:goodidea:

1 person likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Vidya,

Thank you for your post. I am a big fan of this idea and I have been practicing this idea all my life. Even while eating, I eat what I don't like first so that I reserve what I like the most for last.

When I got married, I visited my In-laws house for the first time. My MIL prepared so many items for me and all were served nicely in my plate. I started eating whatever I did not like first. She kept serving them again and again. Finally, I politely told my wife that I eat what I don't like first. Everyone burst into laughter as my MIL made me eat what I disliked the most.

After that incident, even now, my MIL always ask me whether I like it or not before serving anything to me.

Viswa

3 people like this.
  4. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

Good idea vidya. But I am the kind who postpones every task :hide:.

Viswamitra sir your experience is really funny:rotfl.

1 person likes this.
  5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hey Vidya, me too !!! maybe finish the boring task listening to some music then I feel that I have earned
    the happiness that I get doing the things that i enjoy :)))

1 person likes this.