1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Boric Powder - For the menace of cockroaches

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by msm, Jan 25, 2014.

1. msm

msm Gold IL'ite

Friends - I read few tips in IL to control the cockroaches menace using boric powder. But not sure if you get boric powder here in U.S.A, please let me know the shops where I can get the boric powder if you know

Our apartments have monthly pest control still I see these small ones roaming around the corner and I want to get rid of them too.

Also let me know if you have any other effective suggestions to get rid of them

Thanks in advance
    Sethu

2. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

If you are in USA then the best thing would be go to some home depot or Lowe's and ask for cockroach repellents that's it you will get the best sprays . Cost will be below $10 and it will last long and work better and less messy :)

I am not sure about boric powder it . go for the spray why powder?

3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

The boric acid powder you can get in a round container with a little nozzle at many stores especially the dollar stores. I think a better solution though is to get the roach motels. They are little plastic containers you leave around and some have additional ones with roach birth control in them. The roaches go in and eat but the containers are pretty much enclosed if a child or animal is in contact with it. I think they are much safer than sprays.

4. msm

msm Gold IL'ite

thanks tashi - do u get the roachmotels in dollar stores? or some other shops here?

5. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

You can get the roach motels in grocery, dollar or hardware stores or at Walmart type stores. They are pretty commonly available but more so in the summer. Also, at the end of summer all anti-bug products go on markdown so that is a good time to stock up for the next summer.