1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Boondh boondh sey gada bartha hai! Drops of water fills the pot!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, May 2, 2012.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Water scarcity in our country is looming largely. Even contaminated water is not supplied to all. Global warming up is draining water resources. How are we going to conserve water?
    We all have heard this saying, "Boondh boondh se gada bartha hai!" Now we have to change this into reverse!
    Drops of water empties the pot. If the pot has even a small hole, then it will get emptied. Change the tap that leaks. Don't keep the tap running while brushing the teeth. Please teach your children to use water judiciously.
    Can you think of foregoing bath in our hot climate? Can we cut short of watering plants? Garden lovers like us will then have to water the plants with our tears. Deforesting and cutting age old trees only had led to this crisis.
    In our house we have ROWP (reverse osmosis water purifier) and it expels a large amount of water. We collect it in buckets and use it for watering plants. The water expelled from AC machine also is collected and used for the same purpose. As washing machine consumes too much water we sparingly use it.
    We are lucky to be in Chennai and only having 2hrs power cut where as in suburbs and all other places people are undergoing minimum 8 hrs power cut and even during night time.
    We have put nets to windows and keep the windows open to let fresh air (if at all we get fresh air) in side and so far has not started using AC. Though we are on the top floor the water tank and the plants on terrace keeps the air cool to some extent.
    I have seen people keeping all the lights and fans on, and the TV blaring. Hope that at least they must have learnt their lesson and would have become responsible citizens now.
    When we were getting natural resources like air and waterfreely, we did not realise the value. Now we are paying for water only and perhaps a time will come when our future generation would have to pay for air also.

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Good points made through this blog. I agree with all your points.

Your concerns all are very rightly said and we need to understand the seriousness of the issue and have to work towards with sensibility.

-Pallavi.

3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Whether there is shortage or not, there are four resources we should always conserve and they are time, money, food and energy. We have to note that water is part of the food and electricity is part of energy. To be frank, even speaking should be need based and it would be waste of energy if we speak with no purpose.

Viswa

4. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Pallavi,
    Thanks for dropping in and sharing your concern along with me and supporting me in this serious matter. All the natural resources are abused and in time to come, I am afraid our future generation has to suffer a lot. Let us try our best to protect the natural resources to the best of our ability.
    Love,
    PS

5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Viswa,
    Both Food and water are also giving energy to all the living beings. Electricity is generated from water and also from bio-waste.
    You have rightly pointed out that talking should be need based. People waste the phone talking on trivial matters and sending messages likewise.
    Thanks for your valuable comments,
    Love,
    PS

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Pushpa Mami good points to be followed

Regards
    viji

7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Viji,
    Thanks for dropping in and posting your fb.
    love,
    PS

8. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Good Blog!
    Water is essential for all demensions of life and water is the best of all things.
    Water has become a highly precious. There are some places where a barrel of water costs more than a barrel of oil.
    Thanks for sharing with us, dear Pushpavalli.

9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Suryakal,
    Thanks for dropping in and posting your comments.
    Love,
    PS