1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Body wash

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by AnithaPartha, Aug 4, 2010.

1. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Anitha:
    There are a lot of budget items at Family Dollar but you can also get name brands there also. If you are careful, you can get some great deals. Many name brand cleaning products like dish detergent, laundry detergent are much much cheaper and the same item. In health and beauty section there are some not so good items (Lander stuff is just plain awful) but they have stuff like Sensodyne toothpaste that is at least a dollar a tube less then elsewhere. Anyway....when I tried that Aveeno knock off...it was good.

2. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Tas,

Mainly eatables/tooth paste/beauty items/soaps I wont prefer $ shops.
    Other items - Yes, I do consider that an option..
    They are very low quality and can damage our skin.

3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Dove, Sensodyne, Colgate, Pantene, Ivory to name a few are all the same whether they are in a dollar store, Walmart, RiteAid, etc.

4. AnithaPartha

Tas,

Wrong assumption.
    I heard it that all low quality ones goes to $ shops.. Beware..

good quality ones goes to target, walmart etc etc.. among those shops itself we can see diff.. target things are also sometimes very less worth when compared to bj store etc etc.. shop tp shop quality differs

Take a simple eg- why we go to expensive shops sometimes to buy things? mainly for quality which is not seen everywhere..

best eg - all clothes shops has clothes.. but in few shops if you see cloth material will be 100% low quality which is being sold cheaper..

what say?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  5. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

Price is a mythical number and does not translate to quality.

In fact you have companies like costco getting items from the same manufacturers and selling at a lower price under the store brand name.
    Ditto for generic drugs.

The extra money you pay is more often for the money spent on creating the brand image.

6. AnithaPartha

I don't agree on this.
    Paying $1 for an item and for that same item paying $10 makes a difference.

I 've seen n no of shops having non quality goods. People get impressed becoz they cost low but they never know that they are not qualitative.

That's the fact.

Brand = Quality

7. dale91

dale91 Senior IL'ite

For body wash, i would recommend:
    2 cups grated bar soap (use an organic soap--Dr. Bronner's castile soap works great.)
    1/2 gallon distilled water
    2 Tbsp. vegetable glycerin
    15 drops skin-safe green apple fragrance oil (or other essential oil of your choice. Make sure that the essential oil is skin-safe for bathing by consulting an essential oil guide before choosing.)
    *Note fragrance oils have some synthetic ingredients. If this bothers you, feel free to substitute a pure essential oil.
    Method: Mix first 3 ingredients together in a large pot or Dutch oven. Set over low heat stirring occasionally until the soap has dissolved. Add essential oil and food coloring if using and mix well. Transfer to a jar and cover tightly.
    If you like your body wash to have a thinner consistency, use 1 gallon of water.

8. mahe23

mahe23 Senior IL'ite

HI,

please adv this aveeno body wash avaliable in chennai?

mahi

9. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Anitha you should do a comparision of indegrients to decide whether a $10 product is superior to a $1 product just because you paid more for it.

In Shampoo for example, the main indegrient is always sodium laureth sulfate whether you buy a $1 or $10 shampoo. As a marketing person at one of the world's top ad agencies I can tell you that Suave shampoo which retails around $1.5 is just as good as pantene which retails for around $4 as far as indegrients are concerned. the rest is just marketing $$ spent to convince you to shell out 3 bucks extra for pantene vs. suave. I would only pay $10 for a shampoo if I am convinced the indegrients are better.

same applies to branded vs dollar store brands. brands have to spend marketing dollars to convince you to purchase their products. $ store does not therefore the exact same product will cost less as the dollar store. just because you are paying less for it does not make it an inferior product. you can only call it an inferior product if the indegrients are inferior.

and also remember that the US government has very strict rules about the products sold in this country. even items sold in dollar stores are subject to these rules.

here's another example. costco sells 3 pounds of organic spinach from earthbound farms for around 5 bucks. whole foods sells the exact same thing for 6 dollars per pound. my local 99 cent grocery store has the exact same product retailing for $1 per pound (exact same package as costco and whole foods). so how is this product inferior just because it is sold at a 99 cent store?

As far as body wash is concerned, I am a fan of the olay body wash with cream ribbons. leaves my skin extremely moist. but the best trick to tackle dry skin is to apply baby oil (J&J makes a good one) on your entire body right after your bath before you dry off your body. works wonders for me.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  10. amruthasivam

amruthasivam New IL'ite

hi,

use natural handmade soaps with organic oils , which makes the skin beautiful and vibrant, the soaps are available in bangalore. Instead of using body washes and other cosmetics, try these soaps.