Blue Whale Challenge Game!! Scary..

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Aug 24, 2017.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I am sure many know what's it about.
    An online game which subjects you to 50 days of torture and the final day...The final game is death!

Very scary..read even kids in India play this and some boy in Manipur and one in chennai died.Extremely sad..

The game creator is arrested.

Why do the kids play his game and subject themselves to torture?why can't they quit this game?Do kids these days do not even have that much self control??

2. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Dear anika987,
    I got a whatsapp forward just a few minutes back giving the complete list of tasks in this Blue whale game.
    Just going through the same I felt all creepy and horrible to say the least. Its really scary to see children of all ages with mobiles in hand playing some games or the other. No parent would even dream that a game can be this eerie and horrible. Children especially if they are influenced by their peers may get hooked easily and that is how this has been happening. This is a lesson for parents to monitor their child's usage of phone in future, but wonder how far this monitoring is possible. These are just one of the many more challenges to be faced by the new generation of parents. Really a pity!

Sunburst and anika987 like this.
  3. Adu07

Adu07 Gold IL'ite

Teenagers.. they hardly understand what is wrong and what is right..? Plus the game initiators are playing mind games.. the game seems adventurous and challenging..but either way it is engulfing a healthy well spirited kid into acute depression. The Game admins and controllers are dragging children to accomplish their sinful purposes as they can be easily influenced.They are playing and controlling with the innocent minds. Eventually hurting and killing them.

anika987 likes this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

The game creator has been arrested..

Who r those administrators?why can't they be arrested yet?

5. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

I strongly believe it as a chain reaction, One started and will let friends know about it and the friends would try it .. comparison starts, they want more number of users to compare with so that people with highest level shows they are superior to others. I saw a video which shows a 3rd grader or 4th grader was being forced by her seniors to go and check that game out. So she downloaded it on her dad's phone and she got scared of that.

Game should be taken out of app store and already installed versions should be rolled back or get killed.
    I think the phone's OS companies should push a nightly system update to remove the game from all the mobiles/ipads etc., That also will solve the problem to the core not all mobile will have automatic updates on.

Definitely scary. And moreover, this is just a start. Even if somehow you clean this game out one more person can do something similar now that the idea is out , it would start doing dangerous wonders. Same like Bhagath Singh was caught for making bombs, he explains the ingredients and logic in court and all the kids started doing it.

--PS

AllizWell and anika987 like this.
  6. Tamrakshar

Tamrakshar Platinum IL'ite

I don't think it's appropriate to label Blue Whale as a game. It's a set of torturous instructions, ultimately leading to the death of the unsuspecting victim. Now, the big question is the motive of the players and the administrators of the game.

It has been found that majority of the victims of Blue Whale are introvert, frustrated teenagers. The administrator first hacks his phone, steals data from it. He/she chats and talks with him/her and gathers important information about his private life, and most probably exchanges sexually explicit material. By some way or other, they get plenty of material to blackmail the player in case he refuses to accomplish any task given by the administrator. That's why the player can't withdraw from the game before completing the final task.

But what is the motive of the administrators of the game? Surely, killing teens can't be their sole purpose. I suspect they sell the videos uploaded by the players in dark net.

anika987 likes this.
  7. Rushmi789

Rushmi789 Senior IL'ite

Atleast there is awareness now, so parents are more cautious.

Kids are vulnerable nowadays and games such as Blue Whale give them an adrenaline rush. Today's generation finds normal old fashioned things very boring.

anika987 likes this.