1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Blue Print

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jskls, Dec 5, 2017.

1. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Blue Print

Today I received an excerpt from Garuda Purana "What happens after death?" in whatsapp. I have read it earlier too. There are some texts that we understand differently at different stages in our lives. When I read about the Blue Print that every soul creates it for itself, I started wondering. If a soul creates its own blue print, all the incidents to be faced, all problems to be faced, all challenges to be overcome are written in this agreement why wouldn't solution to a problem be written in that too! Why would a soul err in this lifetime if it knows about the consequences when it writes its own blue print? Why wouldn't it have ways to avoid creating new collection of (Sanchita) Karma? If I am the creator of my own life & destiny and others are just mere actors doing their part why would I do anything to hurt anyone with my free will? why not include ways to avoid all my wrong doings in the blue print? Questions many and would love to hear from you here.

Moderator : please move it to appropriate forum if this is not the right one!

teenulahari, momsky, Sunburst and 2 others like this.

2. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

I have very little knowledge in this but one thing we all know what ever we do or whatever actions we perform will have effect as per nature . example we cut trees , which leads to global warming. Science too approves" every action has equal and opposite reaction". So if every human thinks of this point then no one will hurt the other. But we all sometimes forget it, so we get angry, frustrated.

momsky, jskls and Sunburst like this.
  3. Jeeves

Jeeves Silver IL'ite

4. Jeeves

Jeeves Silver IL'ite

Dear Jskls
    I personally think that what it means when it says that we are the sole ( :) ) creator of our destiny, it means that we Are Responsible for All Our Actions and Reactions here !! Not that we CREATE them !! As per our behaviour, , we get the results !!
    This is what I understand...:expressionless: Our ancestors used to say this that we have to pay for our actions...SCIENTIFICALLY PROVED TODAY...Just read the book Journey of the Souls by Dr Michael Newton..we can prove to those who make fun of our faith that our beliefs are being proved scientifically !

momsky, jskls and GeetaKashyap like this.
  5. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@jskls Oh God why do you want to know about after death ?Live this life upto your satisfaction and be happy .
    Heaven or Hell we experience before our death so don't go deeper into some facts

momsky, Mistt, jskls and 1 other person like this.
  6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Be true to your conscience and be a good human. Do thy duty and leave the rest to God without worrying about what will happen after death.
    PS

Sunburst, jskls and sindmani like this.
  7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Lakshmi,

When we drink a spring water, it is pure, clear and tasteless. Only when it passes down the hill to the plains, it gets contaminated by the route it takes. Eventually, everyone of such rivers merges with the Ocean. Similarly, it is my understanding Soul/Atma/Consciousness by itself has no Gunas such as Rajasic, Tamosic or Satwic qualities. It is in the fourth state called Turya. As the life begins for the Atma residing in a Jeeva consisting of senses, body, mind and intellect, these tools perform some good and bad actions based on thoughts emanating. We are gifted with a freewill to perform our own actions with these tools and if they result in common good, we accumulate good karma and if it results in harm, it creates bad karma. Slowly, after a few lives, the Atma has a lot of encryption and until and unless they are removed like a husk in the rice, we continue our journey and keep coming back through the birth and death cycle. This is referred to us creating our own destiny.

But all of us have a constant desire to eliminate the encryption and become pure forever. This urge is driving us to develop good character, control our senses, body and mind and discriminate our actions and influence our freewill to develop good thoughts and perform good actions. As we do that, we get closer and closer to the original state of Atma to become, pure, clear and tasteless and eliminate the gunas. On the contrary, when our desires and attachments created by our thoughts in the mind dominates over the discriminating power, create a strong root in the planet for us to come back again and again. Eventually, Atma is destined to become pure but the effort to make it pure lies in our ability to purify ourselves. In simple words, the solution is already with us but when we prefer to reach out to that solution is left purely to us. We need to move from forgetful state of mind (assuming we are the body) to awareness (assuming we are Atma).

There is also a belief that comes for generations not to read Garuda Purana. I don't understand the rationale for such belief but it exists.

This is my humble understanding and I look up to other elders like Jayasala Madam to seek their opinion to your question.

Viswa

8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

I forgot to mention Mrs. Pushpavalli Srinivasan another learned individual from whom I learn a lot.

Viswa

jskls likes this.
  9. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

I have very little knowledge about Atma and jeeva so can’t comment much but I love reading about such estoric debates from erudite scholars like you all. Responses in this thread are so enlightening and it’s wonderul to know there is a life beyond this material plane . Please keep it flowing and looking forward to more responses here . I wish we could have a separate group which is strictly reserved for discussions like this .

jskls likes this.
  10. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jskls,

You have brought forth an important aspect for discussion.Whatever the responses we receive may not be conclusive and in fact will be elusive.

The description of the scope of Law of Karma is reflected in Bhagavatgita.The actions that are performed without attachment with the requisite equanimity do not get carried into so called encryptions.A similar view is expressed in Buddhism too.
    Intentions are essentially important in determining the moral quality of the action and the doer.Sometimes an action which is done with bad intention may result in bringing about good.Irrespective of the result the imprint of 'immoral' is passed on.

Similarly actions done with right intentions sometimes result in some harm to some one.
    That is why all the vile tricks done by Shri Krishna in mahabharat escape from Kaarmic influence.

In Kaarmic theory they make a distinction between phalaas and Samskaaras.Phalaas are stated to be rewards/punishments received then and there,samskaras are actualized in a later date, in this birth and on going births.They lie dormant like ungerminated seeds to give fruits some years later.

What essentially matters is the attitude and dispositions of the individual and not the actual act.This view cannot escape criticism.

It indirectly means that one could do the most undesirable act provided his intentions and dispositions are good.This creates a wedge between the Law of Karma and rules of Justice in the nation.
    Practically we cannot distinguish between intentions and actions.It is a valid argument that bad actions can never emanate from good intentions.

Though right intentions are necessary for building up character, that alone is insufficient.We need the spiritual strength to put them into reality.Making rules is mere knowledge.To ensure implementation is the real success.Other wise it becomes a joke.

As human beings we cannot avoid feeling pleasure and pain which is the expression of our experience.

Regarding rebirth, the incarnation as human being is stated to be the highest in spiritual evolution wherein we are gifted with free will to decide .But it is interesting to note that the final birth is not stated to be 'human' but some other creature in which it is not at all possible to accumulate karmic debt-like that of a worm.Emperor Ashoka was stated to have incarnated as a maggot for a brief period before he attained salvation.

The kaarmic theory 'as you sow, so you reap' is unable to justify infants suffering from incurable disorders, and natural calamities which take away innocent lives .

There are people who have firm views that it is not the absolute requirement of the soul to repay the debts of previous janmas.They believe that the ideas of reward , punishment etc are human concepts unnecessarily imposed on cosmos .When some crisis arises and it is stated to be an impact of what one had done in previous birth,a feeling of guilt descends on man, and in the same way at the time of good events, a feeling of subtle expectation of 'reward' arises.This in turn takes us away from the present.

Unconditional love, is the only way of escape from all these entanglements.. When the soul learns to love all parts of itself without conditions, then all latent energies within the soul will emerge into the light. The mind relaxes. In such a state morality becomes largely irrelevant, as the natural expression of the soul is gratitude, love and compassion. It is when we lose touch with such an awakened state that we turn against ourselves and others, create suffering and becoming destructive.Shri Viswa has dealt with this aspect entirely in one of his earlier mails.That Universal love is the essence of the entire issue.
    Therefore we need not think of the kaarmic influence-prarabha karma, sanchitha karma etc etc,the concepts which may give temporary relief or solace at the time of crisis.
    May be we need experiences in our soul journey to realize the supreme. But definitely those are just experiences and not the punishments or rewards enumerated in garuda Purana.
    Better be as pragmatic as possible,be as nice as possible without intending harm to others.Realization and merger with the Supreme will be automatic at Divine will when the time is ripe.Till then relax.

Jayasala 42

momsky, Sunburst, Mistt and 2 others like this.