Blog on Freedom - Independence Day Special Contest

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by IL_Admin, Aug 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL-ites,

Our 64th Independence Day is around the corner!

To celebrate this blessed occasion,we would like you to express your feelings about your country through your blogs.

You can blog about our country, freedom, patriotism, our history or our future. The choice of topic is yours, but make sure that the core of the post is 'India' and we will make sure that your feelings reach our 90,000+ member.

So, put on your partriotic hats and start writing today.

To participate:

IL-ites (those who don't have personal blogspace in IL) - please post your entry for this contest in this thread.

IL Bloggers - please post your entry for this contest in your own personal blogspace. Provide the link to that blog entry in this thread.

The last date for entries is 13th August, 2010!

We will feature the best entries on Independence day in our 15th August Newsletter.

Thank you.

Regards,
    IndusLadies Team

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010

2. sriradh

sriradh New IL'ite

hI, I dont have a blog space with IL.. Can I post my article here?

3. IL_Admin

Hello Sriradh,

You can post your article here in this thread. For IL-ites (those who don't have personal blogspace in IL) can post their entry for this contest in this thread.

4. rvnachar

rvnachar Silver IL'ite

I had specified the link to my post in this thread but I now do not find it here. Please clarify.

Sudha Narasimhachar

5. aachus

aachus Junior IL'ite

re. independence day contest
    64 years of independence-a bird's eyeview

64 years have passed since we got that moment for ourselves-the most valuable gift of life-freedom.looking back is like going to old age,because during that period india was like an old grandma lookin helplessly to her starved children.no weapons,no stock of rice and her leader shot dead that itself in the most crucial moment of her life.her beauty cut down into pieces,one piece labelled 'pakisthan" other "bangladesh".
    we have travelled a lot.our agricultural fields have become oncemore blessed,industry have progressed and upto a great extend we have eradicated polio and such contagious diseases.but still something aches so much inside?have we gained the real development.each year poor indians especially kashmirians are subjected to terrorrist attack,each rainy season brings diseases due to malnutrition and uncleanliness.our metros are packed with worldclass malls and branded shops,but i alwas see streetchildren thiving on the roadsides with povertyladden stomach,how can our ministers see them whey use aeroplanes to fly,and their children study and spent vaccations in european countries?i dont think we have gained a full timerelayed progress in the meantime, but we have tried a lot.we can hope in the coming years we will get curruptfree politicians to lead us to a hopefull progress and get a clean india.
    happy independence day
    jaihind

6. IL_Admin

Dear Sudha,

I see that you have posted your blog entry on 'Wither Freedom' here.

Hope it helps.

7. priyaiyengar

priyaiyengar New IL'ite

Independence Day Special Contest

Hi all

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY

Let us be proud to say that we are Indians, but how far we are feeling complete when we say so. There are lot of problems and confusions in our nation. Everyone is trying to improve themselves and not the nation.

I am feeling terrible to read news such as kids being kidnapped, child molestation, rape cases, harassment, etc. Adding to these, dangerous chemicals being used in agriculture, adulteration in all possible forms, pollution, etc. More than these, we know about caste problem, political problems, etc.

If an intelligent child in a house is not being properly controlled and channelized, it will be moulded as a terror. Like this, India has turned in a bad way. How we are going to change this??????????????

Jai Hind

cheers
    priya

8. maha19

maha19 Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

Happy independence day.

I am happy that we are in independent india. But when i think beyond that are we really happy? We have terrorism, bribe problems, women abusement, child labour, selfishness among people, living together concept, immoralty among people etc. Oldage homes and orphanages has increased to a very great extent. We read many news about adultery, illegal sex. Is this the way to show our independence.

We have forgot to understand the meaning of independence. We should first make our children to know about our culture, meaning of independence, how our independence should not be a problem to others etc. Correcting all our mistakes and keep ourselves clean is the only way to show our respect to our country.

Jai hind

Regards

maha

9. coolidea

coolidea New IL'ite

To be an Indian..

Never felt biased to any political party or to any political leader.But still the feeling of Indian is still inside somewhere.Yes.. when you hear about any attacks in our country or any natural calamities you silently mourn for them,when you read tragedies from newspaper and wonder where our country is leading to,when you admire people from miltary forces for determination and finally when you always want your country to win in matches however strong your opponent is.Yes..we do belong to India

Independence day had always been a day of chocolates down the memory lane, and when grown up, had always wondered the power of our leaders.Not for the fights but admire them for the power of non violence; for using it to win against a strong armed force.Admire them for their boldness, courage and determination.

Looking to our condition today feel that we are lacking these qualities within ourselves now.Though we are progressing in infrastructure,technology, our individual values are deteriorating and thus hindering our growth.Wake up..its time for us to change.Show your passion..help people in calamities, be true to yourself, obey rules and do all small things that can bring a change to some one's life..

Salute our flags with heads in pride, feel the National anthem bringing new energy in you..Bring a new change.Salute You..Mother India on this Independence Day.I'm proud of being an Indian...Happy Independence day...

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  10. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi friends,
    A HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY TO ALL INDIANS!

It is really good to be in an independent country, where you are able to dress as you want, walk freely on the road and go anywhere , study and work freely and express yourself too.
    But we have lots and lots to achieve in the real terms of independence.
    Maoists are rebelling in some states on the Eastern part of the country, terrorists and separatists are provoking our people to get liberated in Kashmir, naxalites are at war with the government in some states. These are the problems which are visible.
    Other social factors which also wage war with us are the honour killings, harassment of couple who are in love, child labour, exploitation of women, domestic violence, uneducation etc.
    Our own neighbouring states fight with each other over water and other natural resources. Nobody want to share anything, each wants everything for only himself.
    And the main culprit on the way to a great nation is - CORRUPTION IN OUR COUNTRY. We are seeing a new scam every day. We see honest government officials and police officers being thrown here and there by the political leaders in power. We see crores of rupees taken as bribe and the accused walking free yet again.We see only greedy politicians and bureacrats who want to amass wealth for themselves.
    We can boast of being fully independent only when all these are checked at least to some extent. Our nation needs to think about the past and the rich culture and heritage of our country. We must remember how our ancestors lived a simple life and had high thinking. That will lead our nation to the top in the nations of the world.
    WILL OUR PEOPLE WAKE UP?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.