1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bliss

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Apr 3, 2019.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

I am sitting under a tree. The meadows are green. A gentle sun shines down upon the grass. The tree provides a protective shade which I am enjoying. Little rabbits jump around the meadows. In fact there is a little hole under the tree from where one pops out and looks at me curiously. I shut my eyes. There is beautiful music all around. It emanates from the sounds of all those birds displaying plumage in more colours than the mind can ever envisage.

A voice calls out from somewhere. Stupid voice. I am very angry at that voice for disturbing my sat-chit-ananda state to ask me some mundane questions. Who cares? Why can't people who have never visited the place I am in now allow me to do so in peace? Trouble is they don't know how to 'be' and to enjoy. Let go! Let me not think of them. I continue to sit with my eyes closed and hope they will believe I am fast asleep. But I am not asleep. I am the most awake I can every be. After all, that is what a glass of strawberry smoothie and raw jackfruit curry (idichakkai) can do to a true connoisseur of food.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019

2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Madam, You represent'bliss' as your very name indicates.
    Bliss is called'Brahmanandam'.
    A highly enjoyable snippet leading us almost near the'bliss'.
    What is Brahmanandam?
    The feeling one gets when he attains Parabrahmam or union with Consciousness is very often referred to as Brahmanandam.
    What is the unit of measurement of this bliss?Is there any unit of measuring'bliss' just like a litre of milk or kilo of rice?This doubt perhaps had arisen in the minds of authors who spoke first about Brahmanandam.
    Taitriya Upannishad clearly
    speaks about Brahmanandam.It is interesting to know about this.
    There is a young chap.He is hale and healthy, well versed in vedas and shastras, .He is a paragon of virtues, highly disciplined,very humble, soft spoken, extremely calm.Along with all these things he is also wealthy.Naturally that person is likely to be very happy with a combination of material and spiritual wealth.The happiness of that chap can be taken as one unit of happiness.
    The happiness enjoyed by Bhuloka Gandarvas is hundred times more than the happiness of the boy.Born as human beings these people, by virtue of the great deeds have attained the status of bhuloka gandarvas.
    Gandharvas in Devaloka enjoy hundred times more the happiness of Bhuloka Gandarvas.
    The ananda of pitrus( ancestors in Pitruloka ) is hundred times more than that of Devlok gandharvas.

The happiness of Devas is hundred times more than that of pitrus.
    The happiness enjoyed by Indra, leader of Devas is hundred times more that of Devas.
    Brahaspathi is in a higher plane.His Ananda is hundred times more than that of Indra.
    Actually Brahmanandam is hundred times more of the happiness enjoyed by Guru or Brahaspathi.
    So number 1 followed by fourteen zeros .Head swirls!
    To have brahmananda, first get transformed into that young boy with all Gnana,virtues etc etc and slowly climb the ladder.
    Is it so?
    No, says the Upanishad.
    A person who leaves all his desires, both material and spiritual- attains Brahmanandam.
    Perhaps brahmananda anubavam is waiting for us all.
    Perhaps I have diverted from what madam had meant.Just I shared what I heard from a discourse.
    jayasala 42

Thyagarajan and satchitananda like this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

If this recipe "strawberry smoothie and raw jack fruit curry" for bliss comes from "satchitananda" herself, why not simply take it? That's what I am going to do. Dang it! I see now how bliss is not possible for everyone. While I can get strawberries in plenty, where do I go for raw jack fruit? Forget jack fruit, raw one you say? Ah bliss!! Where do I find you? After dreaming of your bliss, I shall do my best to find bliss - back to nature :)

4. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

@satchitananda Mam,
    Pure Bliss it is :),
    corroborated by the visuals seen by us :)

I get it !

5. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Strawberry smoothie is fine but idichakkai doesn't look appetising enough for me to try (checked YouTube videos) But since you have given this as an essential shortcut step, I shall give it a try!

Bless me with Bliss, O Satchitananda guru ma!

6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: I held as per adage IGNORANCE IS BLISS especially when one doesn’t know the implications of tax laws USA OR India. ( just I read response of @Amulet to post of @HariLakhera).
    But this is something else. You began with sylven surrounding, lush green, verdant lawns etc. all induced you to meditation.
    Ok. Some keep eyes opened and say meditate. humbug. It is hypnotism.
    Even some eyes closed and claim “awake” they are true meditators.
    But you were induced after all by juices and jack fruit curry and you claim meditation disturbed or distracted?!
    By now you must have learnt to ignore external factors as u r close to your inner voice. God shall help as he sits behind that small yet powerful Solid ever kind heart!
    Thanks and Regards.
    God loves meditation as he himself preoccupied with this.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    satchitananda likes this.
  7. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Instead of Alice going in and meeting the rabbit,...and feeling curiouser and curiouser...
    I thought this'd be like a reverse Lewis Carroll...
    And towards the end, it did sound like the walrus:
    'The time has come,' the walrus said, 'to talk of many things: of shoes and ships - and sealing wax - of cabbages and kings.'
    It isn't going too far to add a strawberry smoothie, and jackfruit curry to that list.

Nice foodborne reverie. Has the potential for a very long fantasy fiction story.

8. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Satchi,
    By the title I thought it is about "spiritual bliss". But after reading I understood it is different. First paragraph is like Wordsworth. Then down to earth... Strawberry smoothie and jackfruit curry. I enjoy such bliss with mangoes, avakaya(mango pickle), jasmine and having cold water and sitting under the AC after coming home..... List can go on and on. As it is scorching heat in Hyderabad only things related are coming to mind!
    Syamala

9. satchitananda

10. satchitananda

Dear JS Ma'am, this is a really interesting quantification of happiness. Very true. When one has no desires, one attains Brahmanandam.

For those of us who have not yet attained that state of desirelessness, some experiences are more blissful than another. When one has no particular desires - maybe something off and on - but one is given a special experience, maybe one still comes close to that experience. Of course, I don't know if that is true or not, because I can only compare my blissful state to other states of mind and degrees of happiness I experience. (I can't claim to have reached a state of complete desirelessness).

That is why, (being a foodie), the taste of chakkai podtuval, chakkai pulincurry, chakkai prathaman (in particular) takes me to the ultimate state of bliss I have experienced! So from my POV, that experience qualifies as bliss for me. After all everything is relative, isn't it?