1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bitter Thoughts For Husband - I Laws I Gave Up

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Goahead, Apr 5, 2019.

1. SimplelLife

SimplelLife Silver IL'ite

You made your mind at peace about mil and sil, that is amazing. In my case whenever I thought to ignoring everything she made something new.
    For your last sentence I think it depends on the way they are brought up and their friends or colleagues with whom they shares many things. My husband had a bad influence. His wife got pregnant 4 months prior to when I got pregnant and they have a problematic family relations from both side so They had many problem.. obviously he had so many complains for his in-laws and family. My husband imagined each of the situation in our life that it might happen besides so many other issues. Any ways I was in the worst emotional state in my whole pregnancy and postpartum and now since his folks are here I feel like his occasional bad behavior doesn’t affect me that much it used to be. He developed high blood pressure, I am not doing anything extra for him... I don’t feel like.. he is taking pills .. that’s it. And actually now I don’t want him to talk to my people.. sometimes he says that let’s video call your sis or at my parents place but I just change the subject or simply say that I will do it later. After 14 years of such behavior you didn’t develop any resentment thTs amazing. I would say don’t pretend about him at your parents side. Let them know how he is... your expectations would be settle down.. or make a friend like family circle slowly sho treats their family equally. Trust me every man wants to be a nice guy.and for now don’t forget to mention in your those friend who treats their family well that you done even remember when does your husband last called himself to your people in front of him. Again it’s diplomacy.

2. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

It's true what you said about majority of men but that doesn't mean it's to be accepted or it's hopeless . Many men love their sisters kids even more than their own kids , behaving as an uncle to their own kids and fathers to the sister's kids...be it in finances or emotions or even protecting their child from bullying . And this can have serious consequences for children of such fathers . So one has to deal with it in time instead of just accepting it as part of culture .