1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Biscuit for 6month baby..

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by anu prem, Mar 10, 2010.

1. anu prem

anu prem Gold IL'ite

hi all....

i have boy baby 6 months now... i started to give rice and ragi kangi to him....

can i give biscuits to him... .one day i gave it to him he likes that taste... but my pead not advice me to give biscuits...what i can do now...

please help me...:hide:

2. geethabm

geethabm Senior IL'ite

Hi Anu..

We can give biscuits to infants.. but not too many.. Usually i used to give to my both children in that age by crushing it to powder and then i used to add little water preferably luke warm water... this will almost taste like a cereal or cerelac.. and easy for them to eat..It will be like an evening snack.. sometimes they eat 3 4 biscuits if prepared like i said..
    U can give biscuit without mashing once he become 9 months or + old... They will have enough teeth by that time..
    till then u can try this way..

:thumbsup

3. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

anu. in my opinion, we have lot many more things to try before trying biscuits on a baby. have you started with fruits and veggies yet? if not, i would have fruits as the first snack. i let DS taste biscuits after having started close to 5-6 veggies and 2 fruits, that too for my own convenience since i had planned a trip. these days i use close to quarter of a biscuit every once in a while when i am busy with some quick work and DS is already hungry. at 6 months, he should be able to bite biscuits little by little under your supervision.

DS loves biscuits the best too, for its texture i guess; he pounces on it even from a distance.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  4. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Hi Anu,

I agree with Asha. You can give the semi solids first in the respective times and then if need arises or you are too busy then you can give biscuits.

We gave DD Marie biscuits in milk at about 7 months, but crushed biscuits we started by 6 months, just crush with the hand and give the baby. Also I did start with soup stick biscuits that is just for biting since DD was teething then and the soup stick would be more hygenic than nibbling on anything at all, of course we had the teethers but the biscuits do keep them busy and kids do like biscuits.
    Just make sure you do not give the whole biscuit, make small bits of the biscuits and give your LO until you are confident that your LO can eat by himself, else he may choke.

5. anu prem

anu prem Gold IL'ite

hi,

thanks for the replies....

i started fruits (banana, apple) and veg (carrot, beetroot) to him....

in evening time he plays lot with his brother so he gets so much hungry ....that time he refuse to eat kangi....but he likes to eat biscuites.....i mased biscuit with water only...it like cerelac...

may i continue that....

6. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi All

My DD is 8 1/2 months old and she likes biscuits...
    What i would like to know is whether i can give her all buscuits irrespective of the brand i mean like britania ,horlicks,oats biscuits,tiger,butter biscuits etc which dont have any cream in them...Shall i give her or do i have to stick to any specific types of biscuits.
    Please advise.

7. shrukri

shrukri New IL'ite

Hi,

I think it's safe to give just baby biscuits(biscuits exclusively for babies) until 10 months. There r a lot of teething bisuits available for them to just nibble and the ingredients used are safe for babies.