1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Birthday Party Planning For 2 Yr Old

Discussion in 'Birthday Party Planning' started by sanjuruby3, Apr 26, 2016.

1. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

I am planning b'day party for my Lo which is in summer. I do not plan on dinner but lunch outside and pool side + cake etc.

Last yr I went to some american kids first yr bday same way except they did not have lunch. Only light snacks/cold drinks + meat /grilling+ beer etc. Usually for Indians, I know it is not acceptable, just snacks. I have seen many other indians, just doing after lunch, snacks etc.
    I also like to have bday celeb in the day as kids do not do well late night noise and gets uncomfortable and sleepy. Also I wanted to have farm animals invited for kids which I can do it day time.
    Drawback in lunch/pool side party, we can not wear traditional/ synthetic Indian which I bought for her outside.

What are suggestions? How do you do?

2. EverydayBloom

EverydayBloom Gold IL'ite

Op,

If your LO is comfortable with pool party and enjoy waters very much then you have arrange party pool side at around 3pm with snacks like mini burgers/dips/chips/soda and allow kids to play for couple of hours, while playing in pool its better to have pool friendly dress. After that you can change LOs dress and can have cake cutting, cupcakes, pizza...

3. sanjuruby3

My H wants to arrange for meals, not just snacks. For that it has to be either full lunch time or dinner time.
    Also about kids doing pooling, I do not any of invitee kids will do pooling or adults themselves, even if they do it at home. Also my LO is small enough to do alone.
    So lets forget swimming/pooling part in pool side party. May be I can lunch/early dinner in apartment leasing office. I prefer lunch anyways because of kids energy levels. As a parent, I want to be in comforts of home at time wit htoddler.

4. sanjuruby3

Quick google search I also found tissues/cups extra sold at dollar store. Are these of low quality? Any one used from dollar tree?

5. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

as u mentioned about farm animals I am telling this : Some farms , barnyards etc arrange b'day parties, where kids can go pony rides and the staff will arrange party for you , u take cake and plates, napkins etc, some farms allow pizza delivery to their farm too, find out if u want indian food to be delivered to .

6. sanjuruby3

Hi

I just quick checked the party planning stuff and prices and my estimate is

Food catering - 500$ ( we plan for dinner + snacks + desserts etc )
    Party decor - 200$ (just basic stuff - plates/napkins/balloons/plain table covers online.

It I go party supplies shop, I think it would be more expensive)

Rest of things I have not looked yet but
    Hall booking ~ 200$ (may be have not checked, we do not space to have to book hall)
    Drinks + Juices + beer etc
    Goodies - 200$ ( may be)
    Candies/Cakes

So it is already going more than 1000$. There might be many hidden prices. Any suggestions, how can I cut costs? I thought i might make some party decors just for fun but honestly i don't think I have that talent/time and it may not save that much.
    Food little bit but then making anything in large amount is difficult.

10 kids - may be 10-15 cupcakes I can or some other small snacks ( pakoda etc?) . FYI - I do not have much help around + have to take care of kid.

Any estimates or real prices from you guys? We might have about 40 adults + 10 kids.

7. rockydsouza

rockydsouza New IL'ite

Hello friend, if you planning a birthday party for your kid and want it to be amazing, then directly reach out to Skyblue events. It does everything in an amazing way and will make your event best and memorable.
    Visit: http://skyblueevents.in/ :blush::blush:

8. jenifermakson

jenifermakson New IL'ite

Their are now many sites which organize birthday party and they do all arrangements. Or just buy all these things online you will get every thing online and delivered on time.

9. Sowmya3105

Sowmya3105 New IL'ite

How is sky-blue event work

10. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

Is this just kids party or u have invited parents too??if u have invited adults then u have to make the meal arrangement depending how big of a party u want..
    Simple pizza works too..if all indian better order food and u can make some at home like briyani and raita n order roti n sabji from out..