1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Birthday gift for Spouse

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Tweety, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Tweety

Tweety Bronze IL'ite

Re: Need Gift ideas for my DH Birthday

Hi Roopa,
    Thanx a lot for ur wishes .Wish your DH too my belated B'Day wishes and also a very Happy New Year to both of you.
    Thank you Vidya, Sapnabedi, aarushi and Pinky for your valuable suggestions.
    I think i can execute each of your ideas throughout this year as a post B'day celebration ;-).
    So how was the D day!!!!
    here we go.....
    We had a fabulous day.
    I made coconut Burfi a cadburry Jelly. Though i wanted to bake a cake i didnt want to risk as its my first attempt. so i postponed that idea for some other day.
    I bought a wallet for him and a personalised greeting card.
    Our friends got an eggless cake a very decorative and tasty cake which he cut inside a boat in a back water area(Buheira Corniche) exactly at 12 '0 clock.
    Find attached the snapshot of the cake...

Attached Files:

• cake.JPG
      cake.JPG
      File size:
      43.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
    1 person likes this.
  2. ANK

ANK Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Its quite confusing to choose a gift, when u do not know some ones preferences or likes and dislikes, but I guess we learn everyday.

Being married for 15 yrs., i see most guys have a luv for gadgets, electronic ones. So if u feel he enjoys mucis, I pod will be a great gift. If u have seen him admiring cell phones, then great go for an I phone. If he loves shopping for clothes and shoes, then get him something fromt that dept. But end of the day, its the thought that counts, buy him anything and surprise him with dishes he luvs and a candle light dinner, and I think he will guess how much he means to u!

All the best!

3. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Dear Anita,

First of all let me wish you a very Happy Married Life.

Since you are recently married maybe you are not aware of the likes and dislikes of your DH. so on the safer side why don't you speak to one of your ILs maybe MIL or SIL and find out his favourite dishes and his basic likes and dislikes.

You could have a candlelit dinner at home. After your hubby goes to work you can decorate the house and also maybe invite a couple of friends over to your place or any relatives specially from ILs side staying close to you.

Don't worry about the gifts...since you are new to US and if there is no mall or shopping centre closeby it will be difficult for you to go and buy one without his knowledge. If he likes reading you can gift a nice book.

Keep us posted with your celebrations.

All the Best
    Warm regards
    Roopa.

4. madhuriss

madhuriss New IL'ite

Hi Anita,

Let me first congratulate you and wish u a Happy and Romantic married life.
    Well, u can find out ur DH's likes and dislikes by discussing abt it with ur ILws. may this help u in buying gift for him.
    My suggestions would be, if he likes electronic gadgets, then u can gift him car mp3 player, USB/flash drive, Ipod or digital MP4 player.
    If he is fond of clothes, then u can think of buying shirts/trousers for him.

5. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hi Anita,

How are the b'day preparations coming up???

Roopa.

6. aharia

aharia Silver IL'ite

hi tweety, i'll give u 2 idea, give a nice new model mobile 2 him or bye a usb 1 gb or 2 gb, copy ur hobby photo write how u love him? take a photos when u like the moment with him it's always memorable, what ever u buy for him don't give him at the home , take him for his favourite place & give ur gift suprisely , beach with moon in uae is a romantic place, make a dish what he loves, wish him 12 clock, first wish should be yours , if u want give anything in 12 clock give toys the toy should express ur love mam, tweety hope u like my idea.

7. Uthra21

Uthra21 New IL'ite

Hi All,

I need suggestions for buying birthday gift for my husband
    Thanks in Advance!!

8. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

If you want to have a personal touch for the gift there are many options available....You can gift personalized mugs , photos etc
    Also you can get to know of those things which your DH dreams to own, and if that comes within your budjet then you can gift him that.It will be a real surprise for him.

9. priti8683

priti8683 Senior IL'ite

Print a calender with ur DH's favourite pictures....If u r in U.S u can do it in Walmart...and U can order it online in Walmart...

Or u can get to know what he likes or what he wants to buy...so u can gift that...

10. Uthra21

Uthra21 New IL'ite

:thankyou2: Amihere and priti for your valuable inputs.. I have already presented him a mug with our photo...