1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Birthday celebration- Party hall or at home? Confused!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by AnanyaAjay, Dec 16, 2011.

1. AnanyaAjay

AnanyaAjay Silver IL'ite

Hi friends

We are planning to celebrate my DD's birthday which is in April (I know its still very far,:hide:). But I thought why not plan it well in advance so that I can arrange for it properly within our budget.

I wanted to know your opinions, that is it good to celebrate it in mini-halls or at house? I want to know the rates of the mini-halls (I think they are quite expensive). But at our home we don not have any furniture as we are staying here for short term (till June). So we didnt buy any furniture.

Also please let me know if anybody of you have celebrated birthdays here and how you went about it.

Thanks in advance! :):bowdown

2. inlovewithmylyf

inlovewithmylyf Platinum IL'ite

If ur on a short-term and if you want to make it simple yet beautiful, then "Home" is a good option... But again without furnitures it would be difficult... Is it possible to take chairs and table from any of your neighbours(who are going to attend the party) for sometime and then return it once the party is done??

And about mini-hall... One of my friend stays in an apartment and she orgnaized her son's birthday party two years back... It was in a mini-hall that was available in their apartment complex itself and they just had to pay 100 dollars for it... If you have one like that in your complex, u can conduct it there or if your apartment has a club-house, even thats a good place to organise a party... And one more option is, conducting the party by the swimming pool, that would be real fun for the kids... And u said the birthday is in April, so winter would be over by then...

1 person likes this.
  3. AnanyaAjay

AnanyaAjay Silver IL'ite

hi Ilwml,

thanks so much for the points.. surely I will consider abt the complex hall n swimming pool... :)

4. archana2008

archana2008 Gold IL'ite

we did my daughters birthday party at home. you can rent chairs for ~$1 per chair/day.
    as you dont have furniture it will be easy to get those plastic chairs . how old is your kid?
    loud music + games will bring life to any party :)

1 person likes this.
  5. AnanyaAjay

AnanyaAjay Silver IL'ite

Hi Archana
    she is getting 3 in April. , wow 1$ per chair? where can we rent them? Yeah this is a very good option.

6. archana2008

archana2008 Gold IL'ite

Hi Ananya, you can google search for rentals near your house.
    tables, chairs, bungee jump all those things and many more can be rented :)

7. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

how many people are you planning to invite is the quesiton!!!

decide based on the # of people and whehter your hosue can accomodate those # of guests or not.

Also if at home, remember its not just your hall or kitchen or dining area that will need cleaning after the party..your entire house may need cleaning.