1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bird's eyeview

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Ria2006, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

This is phrase we use to have a cursory but wholesome view of situation , a context or any kind of text.

But for me the reference is in literal sense.. How our world looks from eyes of bird?

First the point which got me thinking about it. I was sitting in my backyard sharing my evening ritual of relaxed evening tea after a hetcic day at office. As usual Husband and I had lots to talk about the day, the office, the colleagues, the upcoming review and what not. Suddenly my attention went to two birds sitting on an overhead electric wire.They must be some 25 ft higher than us. I was wondering what do they think when they see us. If at all they think anything. Being a thinking organism, its easier for me to assume they also do.

Here is what I could come up:

- These two big creatures are probably in some kind of jail. They come out at stipulated time everyday.

- They must be really ashamed of themselves, for they cover themselves with so many strange kind of things, while I get to fly just naked.

- Poor creatures! they are so incapable of managing themselves that each time they have to go out of jail, they need to sit in another boxed jail and then go. While i can just spread my wings and fly wherever I want.

- They are really missing out on world, for they dont know world looks so divine when you fly in sky. Poor them...

- Why their head is like some coconut kind of fruit.. May be its for me to relieve myself..

And all this while I was wondering, poor birds. With this small frame, they have to constantly look for safer places to breed and feed..

Poor me !!
    Ria

2. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Hi Ria

That was a very good one. I believe that these birds are capable of thinking on these lines. Every morning, I have begun a habit of placing a ladle full of cooked rice on the back wall. On the exact time everday, the sparrows come and sit on the ledge waiting for lunch.
    Yeah they are free and they get to go wherever they want and see the world for free!

3. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

WOW Ria this is a good one! I thoroughly enjoyed the birds eye view.. Its really a pleasure to feed the birds and to listen to them.. thanks so much for such a nice break!

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Nice one ria.
    Given a chance they might speak to us about their characteristics which we human lack...like sharing......their skills in building their own nests...(some builder has to do for us) and the list goes on..

sriniketan

5. Ranganayaki

Ranganayaki New IL'ite

Haha! A very thought perspective...Ofcourse we wish we were birds and could fly wherever we wanted to! :)

Love your posts,
    Ranganayaki

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ria,
    You have wonderful imagination! How we would like to hear the views of animals and birds about mankind!
    Love,
    PS

7. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Ria...Hahaha..good imagination....Here...there are a lot of pigeons...I now guess..whenever they see me..they must be thinking and laughing...
    "When there is a change of season we migrate to another place which has climate suitable for us...but these two have left the beautiful atmosphere back in India and have moved to a desert..."