1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bird's Eye View

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Nov 30, 2019.

1. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Satchi,
    After a long long time a blog from you. Hope to see you often.
    Doves must be thinking "Humans are weird....not interacting , not cooing like us, heads bent!!!!"
    Birds are really intelligent. In our balcony daily pigeons come. I used to keep a couple of glucose biscuits and they used to eat. One day I kept Marie biscuits instead of glucose biscuits as they were over. Pigeons did not eat them....hopped around it and flew away!!!!!
    Syamala

Viswamitra and satchitananda like this.
  2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

If those birds could write about "human watching" there would be volumes on the peculiar behaviors of humans that have no rhyme or reason.
    The birds would have lot of fodder for generations of Ph.D.s, to research and find a logic for each unique human behavior.

They would start with this title - " Cutting down trees and raze the natural habitats of other animals so that the humans could hold an added appendage to their ears, and look at some shiny object all day long without interacting with each other?" A long title you say? Ah, when it comes to humans nothing can be short and sweet.

I came in after a long time, and from the responses I see that you too are returning after a break @satchitananda Sats.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    Viswamitra and satchitananda like this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a ton, Agatha. I am always around to say hello - just that I take these mental holidays from time to time. Finished one French exam yesterday and am relaxing again. Hate doing exams. How I wish I could just go from class to class without having to do them. I don't want any certificate. Just want to learn, enjoy some weekend socializing with the younger crowd and get an opportunity to be on the other side of the table and behave like my students!!! :-D

Yes, the male of our species would do well to learn how to treat the female of the species from those birds!

Archanaanchan and Viswamitra like this.
  4. satchitananda

Hi Syamala,

True. Just like to go on 'sleep' mode from time to time. Will sure come more often. Talk of birds and intelligence, they even capture the Zeitgeist! Just can't get enough of all these animal and bird videos on Youtube and Facebook.

5. satchitananda

Hey Kamala,

Been ages. And where have you been hiding? I am surprised birds and animals don't develop a crick in their necks shaking their heads sadly at their human counterparts. "Whatcha doin'? What be that?" What do you think of that title for your proposed topic.

Birds doing doctorates on human behaviour! :grinning::grinning::grinning: I love that thought. Good imagination, Kamala!

Viswamitra and kkrish like this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Glad to see you here dear with an awesome snippet. In my balcony also pigeons come and eat the rice which I keep for the crow. Even squirrels come. Earlier pigeons used to put eggs also but now they dont. Its always interesting to read your snippets. How isyour health now. Like the way you feel interested in learning languages. As others have mentioned come often here and entertain us with your snippet

7. satchitananda

Thanks a lot Vijima. I tried leaving some water and rice grains for birds, but it did not attract any. I had one pigeon lay an egg in one my pots but after a while I found it missing. Felt so bad. But then that is life I guess!

8. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Yep i was hiding away from the internet, whatsapp, faceboook ... :)
    Was nice :)

Another thought came chirping in .. maybe the birds heard about their language being used by humans and wanted to check out if you were teaching that language to others.
    Poor birds, would not know that "twitter" make no audible sound but lots of harsh words are spewed to lash out at each other strongly :)
    Far far away from the sweet tweets the birds say.

satchitananda likes this.
  9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

@kkrish & @satchitananda

"Narcissist tendency of human beings" Would be an appropriate topic for research in the "University of Birds and Animals". I feel bad for the animals when those boys in Hyderabad are called animals as they don't behave in that way ever. They help each other and don't use an opportune moment to hurt others.

Human beings are created to lead the pack with their discrimination power and for other species to learn from them but what really happened is very different. All birds and animals are complying with the law of nature and despite having a discrimination to know what they are, we keep denying the climate change and continue our march towards a planet that is soon becoming inhabitable.

kkrish and satchitananda like this.
  10. satchitananda

Ouch! What an insult to my dear friends to compare Twitter (the human version) to their sweet music! :-( Can imagine how heart-broken they would if they discovered about the nature of human 'tweets' and that what actually goes on carries the name of their sweet songs.

kkrish likes this.