1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bigg Boss Tamil Season 3

Discussion in 'TV' started by ashneys, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Dhamini

Dhamini Platinum IL'ite

Yes. Same guy. I read somewhere that they are sisters. He married Ragini first who was his co star in a movie. Then her sister few years later.

Karthik (actor) - Wikipedia

SpringB likes this.
  2. Dhamini

Dhamini Platinum IL'ite

It’s an offence by law. But someone needs to file a case. Most often the women in these guys lives are quite dependent and never take any legal actions.

In the film industry, Karthick is known as a womaniser. God knows. But I started disliking him since then. Quite often I had noticed villains of film industry are good in personal lives. So I like MN Nambiar and maybe should check others. :lol:

SpringB and Anusha2917 like this.
  3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

If they are crimes, they are victimless.
    Girls want it, and what better than sister-certified, eh?
    And if it can be achieved without any progeny that had to be labelled illegitimate by the society's idiots, thank you very much.
    I was thinking about The Pill and Carl Djerassi (in some other thread) and it spilled here.
    Carry on... and
    Never Mind.

4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

There had been changes in the adultery statues in India. I am not planning to quote court judgements, but I should mention the thread started by the veteran IL'ite Jayasala42 about the changes.

Anyhow...women are no longer the property of some man they are married to, and other men are prohibited from trespassing as if the married women are owned-property of other men -- as it used to be in the old way of Indian Thinking. Now, women are full human beings on our own, and may let whoever we care to interact with, do so in whatever manner we'd like them to interact with us.
    Isn't freedom a nice thing to have ?

5. Dhamini

Dhamini Platinum IL'ite

You are literally confusing bigamy with the aforesaid change in the adultery laws.

Yes, the wife isn’t a property of the husband and doesn’t have to endure the sufferings meted out in such cases. I have read about it and do agree with that change.

There are plenty of articles on bigamy and the punishments as per Indian law. Check out if you want more details.

Bigamy: Take steps to end bigamy among Hindus: Law panel | India News - Times of India

Freedom shouldn’t come at the expense of slavery of another individual. (I don’t think any wife would be happy to share her husband with another female and say that she is enjoying freedom). The philanderer having freedom at the expense of his wife. No, I have to disagree with such thoughts.

Indeevara, Anusha2917 and sweetsmiley like this.
  6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

unless a couple of people are married in some ceremony or legal process before they engage in coitus, there is no bigamy of the party of part-A or part-B or both, who may be married.
    I would prefer to let wives share their misfortune (in the form of their husbands) with others who might volunteer to take a fraction of that. There is no point in monopolizing a misfortune when there are kind souls who want a share. Of course, there could be inanely stupid women who'd like to keep their own misfortune entirely to themselves; but that is a private tragedy.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  7. Dhamini

Dhamini Platinum IL'ite

You seem to have a view which is a rare scenario. You are stating fictional scenarios. This doesn’t happen in India.

How many times you have come across such things in life? Maybe you do have but unfortunately I have come across only the frequent issues of the first wife being treated unfairly or the second wife not given the financial or due respect as required.

All these laws are there for some reasons; most often it is for protecting the women as they are the ones who are mistreated in Indian society. Only those who have lived in India would have experienced such kind of issues or may come across such issues. The bigamy laws though gender neutral is way of protecting not only the first legal wife; it’s also a way of telling women to not fall into such guys hands as they wouldn’t get the legal sanctions if required in legal problems which can be encountered in future.

Same thing goes in for the recent change adultery laws; they decriminalised it and it’s a different one.

SpringB and Anusha2917 like this.
  8. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Of course, we agree that good husband are great, and bad husband are terrible. We are only discussing how to ameliorate the pain of misfortune in having a bad one, and in protecting the fortunes when we'd been lucky enough to have a good one.

"A good husband can be monopolized, preserved and sustained, whereas a bad, abusive one should be shared" is a life's strategy that can be (or "is") put in play without any legal help.

When women are in situations where they could "fall into such guys hands" (wow... what an expression!) and see no escape, others could only hope that the trapped women somehow wrest a little bit of respite, if not "happiness" from somewhere.

9. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

No no.. Why share??
    Bad abusive husband deserves a bad wife. She should leave him forever . Why spoil another woman's life.. ?

10. Dhamini

Dhamini Platinum IL'ite

Exactly. The marriage is the one which makes it a bigamy. There is of course no need to have proofs to start a legal process but collecting evidence will be useful.

So it will be adultery on the part of the spouse and legally will be enough to proceed with divorce. But the girl if involved in such affairs cannot get any legal benefits like a wife because the Indian law, as far as I know will not accept such relationships if the partner is legally married.

It helps for the females. No idea why you are arguing mute points which are against females.

Is marrying twice legal in India- Bigamy and the Law