Big bazaar exchange offer!!!! eye opener

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anunalge, Mar 8, 2012.

1. anunalge

anunalge New IL'ite

I want to share my experience with Big bazaar great exchange offer.While going to my office and to home i was seeing so many ads saying old news papers will be taken for 30/kg and old clothes for 200/kg and etc.I was very much excited and asking my husband to go to Big bazaar.On sunday we have collected all the old news papers,clothes and lot of scrap with help of my MIL and DH.

We reached big bazaar and saw there is a counter for collecting all these.We were in hurry that we should get ours done before the rush.There the guys were weighing the things and noting down how much money we'll get.Not money actually they will give coupons worth of that.We were very happy till this ,me and MIL were discussing we can save so much this month groceries.:bonk:bonk

After this only we have seen the Terms&Conditions board kept there with very small print. what it says is we have to buy 10times the coupons worth to get them for groceries or 4 times worth of electronics and so many exceptions.But still i was thinking it may not be like that.After buying evrything we went for billing there that guy said sugar,oil and some exceptions will not be counted for this program and for 4000rs worth of groceries we could exchange 400rs coupons.:bonk:bonk.Finally an eye opener for going to this.Some people got 5500 worth of coupons and i don't know how much they bought to get this. Note:These coupons valid only for a week. Me and my DH were laughing ourselves that how we became bakhra.:drowning:drowning

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
    4 people like this.

2. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Hi Anunalge,

Thanks for sharing this. Everytime i see this exchange offer i get tempeted to go for this but never got a chance. Every time i will tell my sister or mother lets come one day but something happens and we never used this exchang offer.. Ten times of the coupon price is too much. Actually i used to think why they are offering such a high price for all these waste but now i understood this is nothing but sales strategy.. making us big bazaar Bakra

3. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

Anunalge, thanks for sharing..i have seen those ad's..and i saw people carrying tv:hide: for exchage coupons...just now i was talking with a friend about this exchage...:bonklet me warn her...

4. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Thank you so much for sharing this experience anunagle..

For me, I dnt like Big Bazaar at all.. Their quality of products is alaways substandard.. . I have decided if its required to buy anything frm Big Bazaar that shud be only packed branded items.. not Big bazaar own packages and defnitely not any electronics / cloths stuff..

I have never believed in any of their offers and your post proved it correct once more. And Once again thanks for sharing this so that others will not be tempted with this kind of offers...

5. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Anunalge,

Yesterday one of my colleague was talking about this offer at bigbazar.... Last year it seems she was a bakra of this offer ...

She had 2000/- worth vouchers for which she had to purchase 8 times the value of the voucher ...so she came back with out buying anything .....
    Those people are really smart ....

6. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

One more scam in this is the prcies of electronics or furniture during this time is higher than normal times. One dining table we saw during regular times was 4.5k and the same during this time was 8k!! So it is the people who get cheated both times.

I wonder what does Big Bazar do with all this stuff it takes from people? Recycle it?

7. getstrngth

getstrngth Gold IL'ite

We had a similar experience like this. As it had taken place couple of years before I dont remember exactly. Guess it was 2009. My sister had sent some gift cards that can be used in particular shops. We decided to try it in Big Bazaar. At the parking they told that we will get the money refunded when we submit it after our purchase. My parents didnt like anything there. They felt the quality was poor and expensive. Since we were left with no choice, we got some things there. After our billing we submitted our parking receipt. The cashier didn't accept saying that we should have submitted at the beginning and he can't process it again. If we needed refund we must make a minimum purchase of 100rupees... My dad was so angry and replied back that "for 10 rupees refund, you are asking as to make 100 rupees purchase and cheating on us..."
    From that time we decided not to go to big bazaar... Later we heard stories about the old newspaper

8. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Anunalge, thanks for taking time and sharing this with us. I have heard about this from a friend of mine who was made bakra last time. So when I see this ad in T.V I think God knows who all are going to get tricked into buying these things. Now with your post atleast some people will get saved from the wasteful effort of getting all products to bigbazar and later getting to know how they are cheating. Its better to sell these to the guy who collects old tins,bottles,newspaper etc. Though not a high amount,we get to use the money for thigns we need.

9. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Thank you so much friend for sharing this experiance with us here. Though we never go to Big Bazaar as it is far from our house, but we have always been wondering how worth are all these offers when the ads come in the newspapers. And whether we should atleast make an attempt to avail these offers.

but your timely post has brought out these facts which will help everybody in deciding what to do with their junk stuff. Would anyday prefer to give it to the local radhiwala and scrapdealer in the market.

10. ashyprynia

ashyprynia Bronze IL'ite

Hi anunalge,

my husband keeps warning me of the fine prints, stars.. and stuff like that, so I got used to doubt anything that poses such offers. we take lot of time for shopping that way especially in these chain shops ! comparing the weights to price. With these offers actually we end up spending more.

At the end of the day we must understand "THERE IS NO FREE LUNCH" !