1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

bharatanatyam- how to tie hair -very urgent please....

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by anu2001, Jun 13, 2009.

1. anu2001

anu2001 New IL'ite

Hi Swetha,
    Thank you so much for your greetings.Any way her name is ashlin. and she is very familiar to you. After getting back from school she always ask about your new reply. She says that you are very beautiful. I think the photo is yours... However I am making her keeping your valuable points in mind.
    Thank you so much for your all efforts and suggestions..

2. swethakrishnan

swethakrishnan Senior IL'ite

Hi Anu Aunty

How was the programme? Were you able to dress your daughter up? Did you have someone to help you? Hope everything went off well...

Yes, my profile picture is my photo ... Actually, I look quite different in a dance costume ... pls take a look at this thread ... it was for a classical dance photo exhibition here in Dubai in Jan 09 ... my picture was on the invitation ...
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/indians-in-uae/45626-mega-photo-exhibition-super-reflections.html

We're very happy to help people interested in the field ... even my mother had someone to guide her step-by-step into dressing me up ... she knew only basics initially ... and today she is a pro! When I go for programmes, she helps so many students (not only girls ... even boys) to dress up ... you'll also learn gradually ... actually, without mothers to dress us up, we daughters cant perform!

I'm happy we could be of help to you. All the Best to Ashlin for all her future programmes ...

Regards
    SWETHA

3. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

Dancing to daughter's tune!! :rotfl

Apart from that, no bharatanatayam for the time-being... But sure am contemplating it.

Perhaps I will start it for my kid after coming back from our vacations!

I believe bharatanatyam has a beautiful way to express emotions.

4. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

Hi Anu!

I second Swetha!

Give us all the details of all the happenings!

Waiting....

5. anu2001

anu2001 New IL'ite

Hi friends,
    First of all extremely sorry for being late here as my server has somewhat problem. I had tried many times to share my happiness but the server had disconnected frequently. A big sorry my dear friend since you helped me a lot and it worked much.
    Anyway the program was a big success and my child made her best performance and really made me proud of her. The dance master helped me for facial make up and tie hair ornaments. But no problem had to be faced only problem is the time limitation.By God's grace everything was ended up beautifully.Thank you so much for your help.
    Another problem was while dancing her nose ring fell down and during the program she took it. Fortunately it was the last part and this deed caused laughter in the audience. That tip I forgot to tell her. But her dance was outstanding with smile and expression and the audinece congratulated her by shaking hands. It was an exciting and thrilling experience in my life. But she was very sad because her big nose ring was lost and one more item was remaining. However we adjusted another girl's ring. After that item I came to hear that every mother advised their children not to take the lost things.
    I am very much happy friends or you helped me to present happiness.Thanks a lot!
    Due to the time limitations I can't take more photos but I will send it. For a group dance she had to change the dress soon.
    Let me upload the photos to the computer. My daughter told me to say thanks to all of you especially to Swetha. Anita darling, photo will be sent to your private ID.
    Anu

6. swethakrishnan

swethakrishnan Senior IL'ite

Hi Anu Aunty

First of all, congratulations! Your daughter has performed her arangetram!

The nose ring is the only thing that goes out of control sometimes. If we press it too hard, we feel uncomfortable and if we leave it lose, it falls! Dont worry about the nose ring, I used to replace mine every year! Its quite small, sometimes when it falls on stage, it becomes difficult to find it. Tell your daughter that next time, she has to press it a little harder than she did, so that it stays in place. I tighten mine by pressing it everytime before entering the stage. That way, you can ensure it will not move.

I have sent you a PM with my email id ... pls send me the photos.

All the Best for future performances!

7. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

Hi Anu,

I agree with Swetha!

The nosering is very difficult to manage..:spin.. if you press hard, your concentration while dancing will be on it... the discomfort or pain it's causing... if it's loose, it's only a matter of time before it falls on the floor.

Your daugther picking up the nose-ring reminded me about my first blunder during my first performance. If you don't mind, I would like to share it -

It was the first performance for the 4 of us. After the last step, we all were standing in individual pose. When the song ended, the claps began. & when the claps stopped, I kept my leg down... :hide: When I turned around, I was confused about what to do. My friends were still standing in the pose. I took the pose again... & the the curtains closed. THEN people tell me that I'm still supposed to stand in the pose... wait till the curtain closes.... blah blah blah.... It's always after the mistake we get the "what to do/not to do" lecture... NEVER before.

PS: I can feel your happiness.... It's absolutely wonderful!

8. sunitajoshi71

sunitajoshi71 New IL'ite

Hi All,

I was just wondering how to do the hair tying for my daughter's arangetram, and i found an excellent reply. Thanks to all of you.