Bhagavad Gita and Freeing Yourselves from the Emotional Ups and Downs of Life

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by zipzipzoomzoom, Jul 13, 2012.

1. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

I guess energy we release and attract can be characterized as positive and negative.

Even Albert Einstein said something along the lines of, whatever energy we release, we will attract.

Now in Bhagavad Gita, it says if you like of Supreme Godhead, you are released from feeling emotional ups and downs and are at peace.

Geez, how does this feel like?

I mean, it's hard for most people to totally, and truly surrender themselves onto God. That's why Bhagavad Gita says slow and steady your soul shall be cleansed.

So, if you did great, kind things in your previous life, in your next life, you will be given the CAPABILITY to do even greater things for God creatures.

You can be born into a Brahman family that prays all day, and has their temple,

or

you can be born into a rich, aristocratic family where money and material wealth is endless, and you are free and more than happy to share with the less fortunate.

In both types of family, lying, cheating, and stealing are not in the equation.

So, how does total bliss feel like, you know, when you are released from the Emotional ups and downs we face numerous times a day?

It seems that once you reach this type of bliss, you never go back to the Emotional ups and downs.

And, the Bhagavad Gita mentioned that in some Vedas, there are instruction on how to obtain material wealth, to be surrounded by beautiful faries in heaven - all lovely, yet temporary.

I think most people simply cannot surrender themselves onto God is because, they cannot begin to imagine how much more beautiful and breath-taking PERMANENT tranquility is than TEMPORARY wealth and beauty.

Right now when going through the profiles of the numerous handsome young men from India, I'm attracted to their youth, vitality, their ability to be a good husband (behind closed doors ::ahem, ahem::). Well, let's be honest, when I see many photographs, I get a chemistry with them right then and there.

And I'm sure many ladies had similar experiences when going through matrimonial correspondences.

So, what does the photographs of handsome young men, who can potentially become your Husband, basically an extension of God, have to do with the liberating ones-self from the Emotional Ups and Downs of Life.

You know, I'm really not sure.

I guess I'm rambling on and on again.

Well, there is definately a relationship.

Perhaps people have a chemistry with each other, they want to get married, they get their families blessings, and then they start their lives together.

Sure, there are Emotional Ups and Downs (especially Inlaws, :spin).

But, in Sikhism, they say a Husband and Wife are two bodies that become one Soul.

That means both the Husband and Wife must work together to purify that Soul in such a way that they make peace with their surroundings.

In good times and in bad.

In sickness and in heath.

Till death do us part <- this is according to Christianity, but in Bhagavad Gita, no one really leaves once they die, their Soul never dies, they take on a new form.

I've heard of loving married couples who could not bear to be in a different room from one another, even after 30 years. And after the Husband passed away, the Wife was never the same, and she didn't even want to get married to anyone else because she was so emotionally bonded to her Husband, as if they were the same Soul.

2. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

I loved this line.

Maybe, it is the matter of experiencing along with the aging or maybe, reading the Geeta more and getting the feedback from scholars that help getting the answers of many questions cited in your blog.

Loved to read your blog and your understanding of the Geeta's lesson with an effort of finding the compatability with the real life.

Keep sharing your feelings and views.

Best wishes,
    Anuradha

3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear ZZZZ,

Why is it so hard for most people to surrender to God? Because we believe we are this body, mind and intellect the tools that were given to us to realize our own consciousness. When we firmly place ourselves in duality, how can we become one with the God? The form of devotion is divided into nine and they are:

1. Sravanam
      Listening to the Lord's stories, Leelas and Mahimas.
    2. Kirtanam
      Singing the glories of the Lord's Name.
    3. Smaranam
      Remembrance of Lord's Name.
    4. Pada Sevanam
      Service to the Lotus Feet of the Lord.
    5. Archanam
      Worship of the Lord.
    6. Vandanam
      Salutation of the Lord.
    7. Dasyam
      Master and Servant Relationship like the one between Sri Rama and Hanuman.
    8. Sakhyam
      Companionship of the Lord.
    9. Atma Nivedanam
      Offering oneself to the Lord in complete self-surrender.

Depending on the determination, one can reach the last step or go through the steps one after another. We need to seek God as we seek breathe when we are inside water for a prolonged period of time.

In the blog link provided below, I have given references to the Vedas where the Bliss (Brahmaananda) is explained.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/blog_post.php?do=editblog&b=6816

In simple terms, the happiness we derive in Blissful state is zillion times of what we get in a normal life happiness. It is also permanent happiness and not transient.

We can achieve Bliss only when we achieve the highest state of consciousness and completely become ONE without any duality.

Viswa

4. zipzipzoomzoom

5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

6. zipzipzoomzoom

The link works - I like how you put the different levels of bliss in mathematical terms ;-)