1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Beware of fall season!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Jun 20, 2012.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Fall season is the only season which I have missed so far in US. It is the most picturesque season with different colours of flowers and leaves decorated by nature lining the avenues. A beautiful scenario to be enjoyed by the nature lovers.

My warning is not about the beautiful season, It is about the human fall season.
    Human fall season starts around 55 to 60 years and mostly it depends on the constitution of the individual.

I pity the men because hair fall season starts quite early for many, even before they get married and the receding hairline becomes a stumble block to choose a nice and beautiful girl. Of course after marriage if they become baldy nothing could be done, but you can boast that it is the sign of intelligence.

The fall season for humans start with falling of teeth any time after fifty on its own and due to poor maintenance the dentist might pull it out at any time. Those who lose their teeth at early in life has the advantage of going in for dentures. :biggrin2:
    It's really disheartening when my dh consulted a dentist some time before if he could go for dentures, the dentisttold him that due to his advanced age the gums might have gone weak and it may not set in properly. As it is he was avoiding to go to the dentist, but due to my pressure he went and secretly he was feeling glad :-D on the dentist's opinion.

The diseases that affects the humans during the human fall season are many. The most painful ones are joint pain and back pain. The joints at knees and elbows become rigid and so it cause much pain while bending and while folding hands. Even the fingers are affected badly because of non-flexibility.
    Many people are affected by Parkinson disease and find it difficult to hold things. :shaking:

Dementia is another disease that completely erases the memory power.

Now we come to the literal fall in the old age. This is the dangerous one as there is chance of breaking the bones and surgery is needed to set it right. I have recently read in a book that the first fall after we cross middle age warns that we are entering the band wagon of oldies. So we should be careful to avoid falls. Is it possible? Even though we are careful sometimes it happens even without our knowledge. The doctor further says that the second fall might be the cause for death after ailing for some time.

Beware of fall season and take care not to fall!
    Beware of osteoporosis which will weaken your bones and make them brittle! (Specially ladies)

Please do not get disheartened after reading this. :hide:

You can lead a healthy life even in fall season if you stick to the adage,
    "Prevention is better than cure!"

Be Happy, cheerful and Healthy!

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

A lovely blog on fall pushpa amma. Yes, leading a healthy life is good for young and the old alike. Starting early will ensure that the habit is carried on into their retiring age.

thank you for this lovely writeup.

Akila

3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Akila,
    Thank you for your first and prompt fb.
    "A healthy mind resides in a healthy body."
    The mind and body are inter dependent on each other to lead a healthy, happy and resourceful life.
    Love,
    PS

4. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    Yes, one has to be careful with all these falls.

But real fall is the fall in enthusiasm, not wanting to learn new things, not ready to change our perspectives...if along with physical health if one can take care of mental health also old age need not be a burden and one can enjoy old age also.

5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Shyamla
    What you have said is true. Mental health in good condition is a must for physical health.
    Thanks for posting your comments,
    Love,
    PS

6. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for this blog mam. Listing out the falls, giving warning and at the same time you have maintained the humour touch in it.

7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Thank you Pallavi for dropping in and posting your comments.
    Human fall season could be enjoyed if we take the necessary precaution and keep ourselves fit and healthy and also we should keep us busy.
    Love,
    PS