Beware of BIG-Bazaar Exchange schemes

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by leelal, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Hello Leela,
    Thanks for timely warning.
    Yes, infact I was tempted but postponed my visit to Bigbazar in hyderabad due to certain reasons. But after knowing your experience, I definitely dont want to go now.

Thanks again!!

2. leelal

leelal Bronze IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I was trying to file a consumer comlaint on BIG-BAZAAR - Pondy bazar branch for non-delivery of my order. I came across thsi site where many other customers who have bought from various BIG-Bazaars have faced similar problem , also received faulty goods and no repairs, low quality goods and overpricing of items above MRP etc.

Indian Consumer Complaints Forum | BIG BAZAAR

Hope this helps us not to visit this Stylish theif any more so that this becomes the only Retail who is ringing in profits while others are closing their shops and appears in leading English Dailies..

3. abarnakrish

abarnakrish New IL'ite

Hi,
    Not only exchange schemes, if you see any promotional offer for food items buy 2 get 1 free in all the shopping malls, first check the expiry date of the product, may be it's only one more week or got expired before one week. It's the best place for window shopping and you will vegetables and fruits for little less only on Wednesday

4. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Leela,
    Thanks for the post, everytime I see this big bazaar Ad I used to bang my head for nto having time to make for it. Before I used to get frustrated when I go to the counter with a product i think is on discount and then they say No Ma'm no discount for that. So what I do now is to ask the sales person then and there is this for discount? If so how much and so on. To utilize a sale in a profitable way for us I think a lot of planning is required:bonk

5. lvarada

lvarada Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for the warning leela... neighbourhood maligai kadai (grocery shop) is any day better as over the years they would have own our trust and we can return the defective goods any day I suppose... There is a supermarket near my place which has the shopping cart and big store setup. People flock there for the reduced prices and the shopping cart but most of the non perishable items are from china(which though look glossy and cheap are of very poor quality) and the food items are either of low quality or close to expiry date...

6. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Hi Leela,

Thanks for the timely warning to all of us...

Regards
    Uma

7. ninuchennai

ninuchennai New IL'ite

Very true, lets be careful in the future not to fall for such offers. But I personally think we can save a little on shopping in Big Bazaar after we do a small enquiry abt the same. Definitely agree that the customer care is hopeless, I once lost my purse there, pleaded with the managers to pls help me out somehow. They turned a deaf ear to it. they dont even have CCTVs installed there it seems. pathetic:rant