Beta HCG

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Willbemomma, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Willbemomma

Willbemomma New IL'ite

Hi

I had done my IUI first cycle.What does BetaHCG indicate exactly?? My 1st test shows 21 unit, yet to get reprt of 2nd HCG. However, i was told to meet doc once i get my chums. my confusion is if Bhcg doesnt not double in 2nd test, is that the indication of failed IUI? if BHCG has not doubled , does that mean i have not conceived???

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Will be momma,
    If the blood test is taken after 14/15 days post the administration of hCG, the count is good! beta hcg has to double every 48 hours to ensure positive progress. Hope the blood test will clear your confusion. If your doc doesn't seem promising, its time to look into another gynec dear!
    All the best!
    Sticky baby dust to you.

3. Applepie01

Applepie01 Senior IL'ite

Hi

Beta HCG is the pregnancy hormone.An increasing BHCG signifies a progressing pregnancy.They expect the BHCG to double a in a day or two.To know more about the BHCG just try googling "HCG hormone".

4. Willbemomma

Willbemomma New IL'ite

Hi Thanks Vasumathy,

Thanks for your support. im thinking of changing my doctor. I got my periods today and seeing heavy flow alng with clotting too( which i dnt get normally).. Is this because of all the medicines and IUI treatment???

5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sorry about your periods dear.... Start the new cycle with positive mind set!
    Heavy flow? It might be due to IUI & good growth in endo thickness due to medicines.... Hope thats not a bad one...
    Take care. Baby dust to you!