best schools in sharjah

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Sharjah' started by shabd, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Rakhs

Rakhs New IL'ite

Mizhi,I don't know about any CBSE schools which don't give homework.

I did read the KHDA inspection report of Rajagiri International and it was good but some parents had told me they were not really impressed with it.don't know the reasons why though.Same with Kindergarten Starters.

There is a new Millenium School which has opened in Sharjah.(Not talking about the ghusais one) U can have a look at tht.Because its a new school,i am sure it must be doing its best to keep the level up.Moreover if u r not happy with the school u enrol in,u can change your child's school once he/she come's in 1st.

2. mizhi

mizhi New IL'ite

hi rakhee

the info you gave were really wonderful and it helped me alot.i have already submitted the form in dps and in other schools,the admission procedures starts from january only.

i have one more doubt:hide:.from some of my relatives,i came to know that in o level schools,they really give importance to language development and the kids will have a good base and beginning.i was adviced by some relatives to send her to an o level school till she reaches 3rd or 4th standard and after that she can change the syllabus by taking an entrance test so that she will have a good base in her language and communication skills.is it really possible? is it a good idea? even if this is a silly question, please be frank.

thanks in advance

3. Rakhs

Rakhs New IL'ite

Mizhi,its not a silly question.I agree to what your relatives say.Studying in O level schools help a lot in language development and other activities also as they keep a balance between both and not only studies.If your child gets an admission in an O level school and u don't wish to opt for Hindi as a second language in CBSE,then there should not be much difficulty after the change but if u opt for Hindi,then you have to teach your child the language as Hindi becomes a bit tougher every year.Otherwise it should not be a problem :)

And yeah the main admission procedures like entrance tests etc start in January but the form distribution starts around November.If you got hold of a DPS form,u should consider yourself lucky as it is really difficult to get a form there if u r late.

Hope u find the best school you want!!!

4. mizhi

mizhi New IL'ite

rakhee

thanks alot dear...:kissi cant say how grateful i am for your help.you made life easier for me.

apart from hindi,which are the other options for second languages? from your previous posts,i got an idea that sharjah english school is one of the good o level schools that you know. do you know any other good schools in sharjah or dubai(near to sharjah which provides transportation to sharjah) with o level curriculum? what about their fees? is it affordable? i can afford only about 1000 dhs per month for her studies. i think she has to develop her language and other activities also apart from studies.if she can change the curriculum later, i think it is good. there their classes starts from september,right?then when will their admission procedures (like giving forms etc)start?

thank you once again for your help dear.

5. Rakhs

Rakhs New IL'ite

No Problem Mizhi.Generally second languages are Hindi,French and Malayalam.One more school I know is Dubai Scholars.It is in Ghusais.Sharjah English School is a bit expensive and their bus transport is outsourced which makes it all the more expensive .Dubai Scholars is still okay.In O level Schools,the first term starts in September.one more thing u have to keep in mind that transition from an O level School to CBSE board becomes a bit difficult because CBSE is a lot ahead as compared to O level curriculum so she can have problems in entrance tests.but nothing is impossible.I think they start giving out the forms in April/May.

At such a young age you shouln't think about studies.Let her enjoy her school till she comes to grade II :) Concentrate on her development in Activities and language :).

And yeah..Please don't thank me in every post :)

6. himasri

himasri New IL'ite

hiiii friends i am devisrinivas.....

plz tell me good school(cbsc---3 rd class)in sharjah..present i am in chennai(india) just i checked """DPS""" no seats all available...
    plz tell me..other thand DPS....:thumbsup

7. sivshankari

sivshankari Gold IL'ite

hi ladies,

info about emirates national school in sharjah pls tell me what are the subjects they provide as a second language. thanks in advance

shankari.

8. poojaprakash

poojaprakash New IL'ite

hi i am a babysitter , live close to al qasba at the al khan main road in sharjah ...presently babysit 1 kid from 7am - 7pm ....do let me know if any help required ... i do even hourly babysitting

9. pathak2610

pathak2610 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Poojaprakash

Where exactly are you located? Are you anywhere close to Tawun Mall?

10. pathak2610

pathak2610 Bronze IL'ite

Hello Ladies!

Any feedback about KinderGarten Starters (Garoud Area)?

Its a GEMs school from KG1 to V Grade.

I am planning to put my son there - any reviews?