best schools in sharjah

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Sharjah' started by shabd, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Rakhs

Rakhs New IL'ite

It will be difficult for your daughter itself to opt for india because an o level school has a totally different enviroment which gets on to the kids and then they dont feel comfortable in the indian colleges/universities.if u have already thought that you want to send your daughter to india then dont send her to an o level school.

as of now the best cbse school in sharjah academics wise is DPS.Millennium school has opened a new school in sharjah so you can check there.There are not many ICSE schools in Sharjah.

One more thing u need to know is that at first the ICSE board will look much easier but at a later stage it becomes much tougher than CBSE.

after much R & D ,i came to know tht if your child wants to do management ,then ICSE is a better option and if she wants to do IIT/PMT etc then CBSE is better.

Hope this helps.:)

2. shabd

shabd Bronze IL'ite

hey rakhs

you have been a great help to me in my school search.thank u dear for the detailed explanationBow.

i want to know one more thing:hide:.

i am not looking for a school which gives importance to accademic excellence only.it gives students so much stress i believeWitsend.

i take tuitions to 10th standard cbse students.they are really stressed out with the studies:crazy.they dont know anything other than the subjects taught in their school also.no reading habits,no activities,have never heard of anything called talentsshakehead...

i would like my daughter to get involved in extracurricular activities also:banana.all kids have some talents or other.more than at home,the kid spends their time in school.good schools and teachers help us to discover the hidden talents in kids.even if my daughter doesnt get an A,i am ok with it.i want her total individual development.

in my school and college days my teachers always encourge me to take part in all the activites and it really helped me to improve my self confidence and it always helped in my individual development:2thumbsup:.also i believe that students who involve in extracurricular activities can concentrate in their studies moreComputer Typing than those who are not:bangcomp:.

i dont know which school gives importance in developing each kid individually.if you have any idea,please let me know.

i am sorry for the long post.mother's concern never ends u know:)

3. Rakhs

Rakhs New IL'ite

Hi Shabd,

I can understand what you are going through right now.Was facing the same thing around 6 months back when i moved from USA to UAE.I am a mother of a 5 yr old boy who loves activities and had activities like soccer,wall climbing,baking,music etc in his day care center in US.I am happy that I spent a couple of years there as he got a good beginning.After coming to Dubai,he joined the cricket academy.He used to dislike singing and swimming but after joining school here,he started liking those too.making him join a summer camp made him interested in ice skating.I never pushed him to do all this.He wanted to do it on his own.He has started learning chess and checkers from my cousins now.He has started showing his interest in dance also.

What I wanted to tell you that I m sure that you must be knowing what your daughter is interested in.I am sure nowadays all the schools have after school activities here which are charged extra.The school where my son goes is in Dubai and is an ICSE school.It is a small school and doesn't have its own swimming pool or big grounds but it has tied up with Dubai Sports Academy for swimming and the coaches from this academy teaches them at Al Nasr Club.Also for table tennis they have appointed a national level Indian champion to teach the kids.

I grew up in Sharjah and went to a CBSE school and when I finished it,I swore to myself that I will never let my kid go into a CBSE school.Its too tough.So i made him join an ICSE school.I know it would be tougher at a later stage but when I saw that CBSE schools start hindi from KG2,it didn't seem good to me as my son was supposed to join in grade 1 and I didn't want him to struggle with 2 new languages,1 of which had already started in KG2.

a couple of questions :

1.Which area do u stay in so I can let u know a few schools that can be closer to you.
    2.What grade will your daughter join in?
    3.What activities is your daughter interested in?remember not to push your daughter into an extra curricular activity if she is not at all interested in.

Thanks and sorry for a longer letter.Have a nice Eid weekend.

Take care
    Rakhee :)

4. shabd

shabd Bronze IL'ite

thanks rakhee for taking the time to send me a detailed reply.

my daughter is 2.10 years old now.we are planning to enroll her in a school in april.she will be 3 and a half years old then.i dont want to push her into anything.i just dont want to put extra pressure on kids.neither on studies,nor on extra curricular activities.i have heard that some schools give so much pressure to kids regarding studies,home work etc so that they never get time to do what they really like.my daughter is very active and she is always happy and cheerful.i would like to see her like that always.

i have never enrolled her in any classes or play groups.she is very active.as of now we are still not sure about which activities she would like.i just want to make the options open.ie,rather than enrolling her in a school which concentrates on accademic excellence only,i would like to enroll her in a school where they give importance to activities also so that she can have the option whether to involve in it or not .

from your post i understood that most of the schools here have those options and it is upto the kids and the parents to decide what to choose.that sounds good.

right now we are planning to enroll her in blessed music centre.my daughter is crazy about music and dance.blessed is a music based play school.we havent receievedtheir call regarding the transportation.so waiting for their call.planning to send her there from this month onwards.she is also interested in painting. i train her at home.

we stay near to al taawun mall now.we plan to shift to al nahda area after 6 months.

i have heard that the millenium school in qusais is good.can you give me your opinion on that school?also can you tell me whether dps gives much pressure on the kids?like other schools do they entertain extra curricular activities also?

thanks once again rakhee for your help and sorry for the long reply

5. ansureeba

ansureeba Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Millenium school is good and they have more option for extra curricular activities. This is what i heard. I am planning to send my son there. But still figuring out how to get an admission :bonk.

Regards,
    Ansu:)

6. Rakhs

Rakhs New IL'ite

Millennium school is a good school but then keep in mind that it is a GEMS school which is known to hike its school fees and bus fees every now and then.

Your daughter is just too small now.Why don't u make her join a montessori.My son did go to a montessori school and I would fully recommend it.Again I would like to tell you is that I guess Millenium school is CBSE and your daughter will have a lot of load once she comes in KG 2.Check out a montessori school closeby.I think the nearest one to you is one in Ghusais and in Sharjah it is near the cricket stadium.There is more of conceptual based learning and there is no load that is put on the kid.At the end of it,U will be happy with the outcome.I have recommended montessori school to a couple of friends and they are very happy with it :)

Do let me know if this option sounds good to u.

7. shabd

shabd Bronze IL'ite

thanks ansu and rakhee for the reply

rakhee,
    i have heard about montessori schools and i am very much interested to send my daughter there.but when i asked around,my friends and cousins here told me that their fees are really high.so i thought of enrolling her in blessed.i havent received their call yet.

it would be really helpful if can you tell me how much is the average fees for montessori school per month.i want my daughter to have a good begining.i have heard that montessori schools help the kids to develop themselves.but i dont know more about it.ie,till which age can a child go to montessori etc.,is it a preschool?ie,is it like a play school with a different approach or do they have kg1,kg2 etc?i have heard that montessori schools are for kids from 2 - 6 years of age.if i send her till 6,will she get admission in 1st or 2nd standard in normal schools?which syllabus can she opt then?

yea,millenium school is a cbse school.i havent decide about the syllabus yet dear.i know cbse schools are tough.i take tuitions for 10th standard students:coffee.for higher standard students icse is tough.so couldnt yet decide which syllabus should i choose.at first i was thinking about o level because i have heard that it is comparatively easy and that it will help kids to improve their analytical skills.there are o level schools near our native place in india also.so it wont be a big problem if by any chance we shift to india.(as of now,there are no such plans to go back to india).but from your feed back,i got an idea that it will be difficult for the kids to adjust in indian atmosphere.my cousins in abudhabi have enrolled their kids in o level schools.but when i asked them they dont have much idea about which syllabus is better.

thanks rakhee again for taking the time for your reply.i truly appreciate your effort and i value your opinion.

8. sindhusn1980

sindhusn1980 New IL'ite

Hi

How is ur kid?

My dd is going to rajagiri international school. I am very happy with the school..

Not much pressure on the kids..but teaches lots of things especially to read....

she has got activities like music and art and swimming. everyday there is atleast one activity. they dont give home works during week days. she gets max 2 pages home work only in the week ends. the important thing is that she loves going to school.

fees is 975/- + 500 (transport).

sindhu

9. Rakhs

Rakhs New IL'ite

Well,Montessori is a playschool with a totally different approach in which they learn by doing stuff instead of mugging it up.Its up to u to decide that how many years you want to send your daughter.you can send her for one year also or till she is old enuf for grade 1.Different syllabus have different age criteria.Nowadays in some cbse schools also they have made age 6 as the criteria for joining grade 1.Whatever syllabus you decide after Montessori doesn't matter because the mind gets developed the most.

The fee structure maybe around 500-800 depends on where u send her.There are a couple of Montessori schools which charge more than 1000 and they are really good and you can know the difference in your child in one month itself.One of the Montessori school which is reasonable is Little Feet nursery.Google it up and you can see what they have on their website and go take a look.

Remember that most of the nurseries are more like day care where a child does not learn or do much but in a Montessori a child learns and develops a lot.They dont have kg1,kg2 but levels like junior and advanced.

One more thing.At a later stage,all syllabus' gets a bit tough but its upto the parents on how much they want to keep their child active in other activities.There are parents who just want their child to come first and for that they start putting pressure on their kids and stop thinking about other physical and mental developments which are equally important.

Take care :)

10. shabd

shabd Bronze IL'ite

thanks sindhu and rakhee

dear sindhu

i am happy to meet you here again.thanks alot for your feedback.right now i am thinking of enrolling her in a montessori as rakhee suggested and later for grade 1.i will have to discuss about it with my hubby first.but having an idea about the good schools is always good coz sooner or later i have to enrol her in a school here.thanks once again for your feedback dear.

dear rahee

i cant tell how much thankful i am for your feedbacks.i have always thought of enrolling my kid in a montessori school.but everybody discouraged me telling about the fees and finally i dropped the idea as my husband also opposed it.from your feedback i am happy to know that they dont charge a very high fees.

i had read about montessori before and i have an idea about how much helpful it will be for a child's development.all kids are different from each other. some are good in accadamics,while some others are good in other activities. not a first or second position in school or in activities is important, individual development of the kid is the most important thing according to me.

i will search for the montessori schools near our place.i will let you know the schools and please give me your opinions.meanwhile,if you know any montessori schools near our place,please let me know.

thanks once again for your honest replies