Best schools in Delhi

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares in Delhi' started by SoniaVerma, Feb 10, 2009.

1. SoniaVerma

SoniaVerma Senior IL'ite

Delhi, the capital city of India is also the premier educational hub. With some of the best schools and educational institutions to be proud of; Delhi offers a high standard of quality education and has some of the most prestigious schools in the country.

Friends, if you are staying in Delhi or is familiar with the city, tell us about the best school in your locality. It'll be great, if you can write in this format:

Name of the School:

Locality:

Area: East/West/North/South Delhi

About the School:

Reviews:

I believe this will not only let people know your city better; but will also help lots of people relocating to the city know about the best schools in Delhi where they can seek admission for their children.

So lets start. All the best for your endeavors!!
    :thumbsup

2. sushmasrivastav

sushmasrivastav Bronze IL'ite

Here are a few schools :

1.Birla Vidya Niketan
    Locality : Pushp Vihar, New Delhi
    Area: South Delhi
    About the school : The school is among the educational institutes in India belonging to Birla Group.It is one of the leading schools of Delhi.It aims at all round development of the child.

2.Delhi Public School
    Locality : R.K.Puram, New Delhi
    Area: South Delhi
    About the school : The R K Puram school is among the leading schools managed by the Delhi Public School Society.The students are known for their academic brilliance.

3.Gyan Bharati School
    Locality: Saket, New Delhi
    Area : South Delhi
    About the school: Gyan Bharati School is managed by the real estate group Ansals. It is a sought after school in South Delhi.

4.Apeejay School
    Locality: Sheikh Sarai, New Delhi
    Area : South Delhi
    About the school : Apeejay School, Sheikh Sarai belongs to the Apeejay chain of institutions. There is another Apeejay School in Saket and a Apeejay Institute of Design in Tughlakabad Institutional Area. The school has made a name for itself because of the quality education it has been imparting.

3. raminderkaur

raminderkaur Bronze IL'ite

I would like to name some of the leading schools in South Delhi
    1.Don Bosco School
    Locality : Alaknanda, New Delhi-110019
    Its a leading missionary school for boys.

2.St.Anthony's School
    Locality:Safdarjung Dev Area, New Delhi
    Its a leading convent school for girls.

3.Blue Bells School International
    Kailash Colony, Opp Lady Shri Ram College, New Delhi

4. Amity School
    Saket, New Delhi.
    The School is part of the Amity Group of Institutions

4. SoniaVerma

SoniaVerma Senior IL'ite

Thank you Raminder & Sushma for posting this great info on the schools in South Delhi. This will be of great help to many people. Will it be possible for you to tell us which boards are they affiliated? I guess many of us keep that as a preference too.

As Raminder and Sushma take care of South Delhi, ladies from other zones in Delhi...We are waiting to know about the best schools in your locality. :coffee

Have a nice day!

5. raminderkaur

raminderkaur Bronze IL'ite

All the schools listed by myself and sushma srivastav are affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi.
    There are also a few schools with IB affiliation especially the International schools like DPS International or the Pathways School.
    Almost all schools have their own websites, I am listing a few below:
    Apeejay School: www.apeejay.edu
    Gyan Bharati School : www.gyanbharatischool.net
    Delhi Public School, R K Puram, New Delhi: www.dpsrkp.net
    Modern School, Barakhamba Road, New Delhi:www.[B]modernschool[/B].net
    Birla Vidya Niketan, Pushp Vihar, New Delhi: www.birla.ac.in
    Hope you find the info useful

6. nutangill

nutangill New IL'ite

Good Schools in Delhi

Hi
    I am shifting to Delhi. I am looking for a good nursery school in Delhi for my son aged 4 years. We will be living in South Delhi or East Delhi. I would like to know which are the good public schools in South Delhi. What is their criteria for admission and their fee details.When will their admission process start?
    Thank you for providing the details.

7. sushmasrivastav

sushmasrivastav Bronze IL'ite

Re: Good Schools in Delhi

Well, Nutan welcome to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Delhi</st1:place></st1:City>.
    Many Delhites regard South Delhi as the best area in <st1:City w:st="on">Delhi</st1:City> for education because some of the best known schools of <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Delhi</st1:City></st1:place> are located here.
    As far as admissions are concerned you are lucky because the admission procedures of most schools have just started. Most schools will be selling application forms between Dec 15,2009 and Jan 15,2010.
    The first list of selected candidates will be displayed by Feb 1, 2010.
    Schools like The Shri Ram School (Vasant Vihar), <st1:placeName w:st="on">Laxman</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Public School</st1:placeType> (Hauz Khas) and <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Apeejay</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">School</st1:placeType></st1:place> (Saket) accept both online and printed forms.

Best of luck for your quest of a nursery seat!:thumbsup

8. nutangill

nutangill New IL'ite

Thanks for all the information. What are the documents likely to be required at the time of admission?

9. BandanaSen

BandanaSen Bronze IL'ite

Hello Nutan

You will need the following documents at the time of admission:
    • You will need a copy of the Birth Certificate of the child duly issued by the Municipal Corporation with the name of the child on it.
    • Proof of residential address : This can be a photo identity proof like Identity card/ Passport/ lease deed/ Latest paid electricity bill/MTNL bill.
    • An Affidavit in case of single parent.
    • Convent Schools require a Baptism certificate and a letter from the priest.
    • Attested copies of highest educational qualification of both father and mother.
    • Proof of sibling studying in the same school (School Identity card)

10. sweetsanjam

sweetsanjam Senior IL'ite

Thanks. I found the information quite useful. I am running around to get my nephew admitted. It seems every school has devised its own points mechanism.
    All this online-admission-business is just a ploy to hood wink at the Directorate of Education's rules. DoE rules are clear - you can't charge more than Rs 25 for a prospectus. But many schools are charging up to Rs 400 (for giving you the online access code for ex.) If you talk to the administration people, they say that they have to pay the private firm for the online admission job.