Best school for +2

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by Arabudupi, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

:cheers to you radhi.

mine too is the odd one out. not interested in group chat, not on fb (gets teased for that) more into arts and music.

i have told her that as long as she is happy not to bother much about being the odd one..
    being different in a herd is not a big issue at all..

2. riazparveen

riazparveen New IL'ite

Hello Shanvy,
    We are here in Doha and my dd is studying in 6th, so as u suggest i shud be preparing myself to shift in 2 years to Chennai. I have a doubt, when we apply we submit the mark sheets and tc of 12 th std. How will the board know where they have studied their 8th std. will it not be enough if we put them in chennai for their 10 th grade.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

the government has become smarter. the mark sheets carry the school name that will show the location. the 10th board mark sheet carries the school number..so everything is traceable.

apart from this, in tn, you need to submit a form requested by the district, the number of years the child is studying in this school, the parents details and such.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

10th if you are planning for the nri quota. and in cbse most schools need to register the ward in the 9th for the 10th too. just like they register in the xi for the xii. it becomes difficult to shift the kid in the 9th and 10th or the 12th.

only under unavoidable situation, you have to get the affidavit signed from the country you resided and present it and get a noc from cbse after the attestation on the tc and marksheets and whatever..the process is big..

5. riazparveen

riazparveen New IL'ite

Thank you very much for ur reply. And regarding this form from the district, Does everyone need to submit or one who's working abroad shud submit.

You have shifted for ur daughters education before some years . now what do you think? was it a good idea? Or do you think , we can put the children in nri quota and shell out some extra money. Is the extra money really worth of our seperated years from our husband.

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

the form i am told is sent to the school by the district, not for the nri. for the students in the schools.

i did not shift for my dd/ds education. i had to shift back because my mil passed away and we had to be there for my fil. at that juncture, my dh could not move back.

shifting for education is a choice based on your family dynamics and requirements. though we have family, not much support i have been taking care of all things self, with the help of my husband.

come to think of it, my kids are a little more independent and are more into the competitiveness than they would have been if they were in gulf.

as i said, the extra money gets you the seat. and education after coming here, is not so great as you think from there. it is almost the same or in certain ways the pressure is lesser in gulf than it is here...

7. riazparveen

riazparveen New IL'ite

You are great. Your cause for shifting is very much noble than i had asked. I have 1 year time and i am thinking about it seriously.

8. riazparveen

riazparveen New IL'ite

Hello Shanvy. I am back with yet another query. We decided to stay here . And my daughter is studying 11 th std(bio,Mathis). She studies well and I asked her to write neet exam. She says she wants to do english literature. It shocks us. We are concerned of her future with english. She says she wants to be an editor. I don't know what to do.