Best Restaurant in Ahmedabad

Discussion in 'Ahmedabad' started by Hetalpanchal, May 28, 2009.

1. Hetalpanchal

Hetalpanchal New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Ahmedabad is known for its restaurants - big & small. All Amdavadis know that they really have to make a beeline to make it to the table of their favorite restaurants on a weekend. Which do you think is the best of the lot. Rate your favorite restaurant on the basis of

• Food
    • Quality
    • Service
    • Ambience
    ....anything more?? Do not forget to mention the location and what is served best. We'd definitely like to check out those which we are missing till date. :wink:

Come on....

2. sejalmodi

sejalmodi New IL'ite

Havmor - Best Restaurant in Ahmedabad

Hmmm...:roll:

Havmor is my favorite chain in Ahmedabad. Be it light snack or a formal dinner to desserts, the quality is always the best. Not only the quality, the ambience and the service is also well-maintained. For Gujarati thali, Govardhan Thal is our family's favorite restaurant.

Have any of you visited Littly Italy Risstorante on the S.G Highway, Ahmedabad?

3. kats

kats New IL'ite

HI... i love the Buffet at Fortune Landmark on Ashram road.. each dish is great tasting..,, and has several varieties... u can check out the Taj at Shahibaug - near Airport - when they have the Indian Food festival weeks -- u can taste cuisines from any Indian state during such festival... then is the Patang - revolving restaurant - near Nehru bridge... lovely food and view the whole Ahmedabad city from the very top revolving while u eat.. wonderful experience...Havmor is obviously too good for snacks and lunch/dinner...even Icecream!!! u can try the Amiri Khamani -- i don't remember the location but is somewhere near the Sardar ka bavalu.... then is Gujarat ka Dalwada near V.S. Hospital and the Bhajiyas at Sabarmati bus stop - the prisoners of Sabarmati jail prepare these delicious snacks and is always of great taste.... then on Sarkhej Highway u can eat at Sankalp restaurant - South Indian speciality - there is a brranch on C.G road as well.... for a nice Gujarati Thali experience try Saurashtra near V.S Hospital ...... i used to like Epicurean Alley near MithaKhali 6 Rasta.... Also, on Sarkhej Highway closer to Gandhinagar u can have a nice outdoor eating experience at Sanjha Chulha with Rajasthani specialities such as Dal Baati and Imrati/Jalebi..Then Fresh fruit juices near CG road on the way towards Sardar ka bavlu--.... How I know about all these???? My Parents have taken us to every nice restaurant/lariwala in Ahmedabad to try the tasty food almost every weekend since childhood..... that is why i miss it so much here in USA now......

4. kimone9

kimone9 New IL'ite

Theme base Restaurant

Jungle Bhookh in Ellisbridge, Near Gujarat College... It's nice... Specially for kids...

5. nicolajoseph1

nicolajoseph1 New IL'ite

Here I am giving best restaurant of Ahmedabad
    1. Crown Hotel at C.G. Road
    2. Pride Hotel at S.G. Road
    3. Fortune landmark at Usmanpura and Gandinagar.
    4. Gateway Umeed hotel at airport circle.
    5. Cambay Grand hotel at thaltej.
    6. Grand bhagawati hotel at S.G. Road.
    7. Metropole hotel at subhash bridge.

6. TanviSpeaking

TanviSpeaking New IL'ite

I recently visited Ahmedabad after a few months and was amazed to see the 100 ft/Anandnagar road, off S.G Highway metamorphose into a foodie's paradise. probably some of the best food chains in Ahmedabad have opened their outlet here (keeping in mind the the posh locality that has come up behind it). As far as I remember, I saw (although I could visit only a few in this trip. :rotfl )

Not Gust Grill
    Bikanerwala
    Raisins Cafe - a Gourmet Café has variety of pastries and continental food
    Sip & Dine
    JJ Dosa Cafe
    Shocolotery - Bakery products and savoury stuff like pastas, Baguettes, pizzas, mocktails
    U.S Pizza
    Flavors - veg Restaurant
    Upper Crust
    Punjab King (Veg & Non-Veg Takeaway)
    Gwalia
    Amazo
    Domino's Pizza

Did I miss out anything? :cheers

7. rachel112233

rachel112233 New IL'ite

Best restaurant in ahmedabad is obviously Honest.

8. bhavnaparikh

bhavnaparikh New IL'ite

Hey, thanks everyone for the nice list of restaurants in Ahmedabad. There are many new ones which I have come to know from the posts above. Thanks a lot. It means a lot for foodie's like me. :2thumbsup:

Can somebody tell where we can get authentic SIZZLERS in Ahmedabad?

Thanks,

Bhavna

9. Hetalpanchal

Hetalpanchal New IL'ite

Upper Crust Cafe, Vijay Cross Roads undoubtedly has the best sizzlers in Ahmedabad. It has nice ambience, especially the fine dining at the 1st floor is more comfortable if you are going with family.

If you really want to try out some amazing sizzlers this week, hurry... the SIZZLER FESTIVAL is going on at Upper Crust ...and interestingly the sizzlers have been named after your favorite movies.. really Amdavad and movies are inseparable!

My piece of advice Do not go by the name of the movie - choose the platter that suits your taste. And make sure you get your table reserved - the weekend was hugely crowded...names had to be enlisted in the waiting list...but believe me IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT.

Do share if you have visited Upper Crust Cafe in Ahmedabad.

Avjo,

Hetal

10. arpitachaks

arpitachaks New IL'ite

For Sizzlers, IKOBO (opp Drive-In Cinema) is the best, having both veg and non-veg variety.