Best Places To Visit In “europe” During Summer Vacations?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

I chuckled that you didn’t mention the red light district to anika. Reading books to child on the things one would see is a great idea.

If not tour groups, don’t go wandering off in unknown/uncrowned parts of city late in evenings. State.gov will give similar warnings. This warning would apply to non-caucasians in Scandinavia as well.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I expected this from you as I typed that response.

Considering the said kid Aced AP Art History, I would think it was very beneficial.

This is advice for honeymooners. With our jachchas and Bachchas most people like me are generally in the hotel by nightfall.

Amulet likes this.
  3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Ah..yes. In older years (when you don't take "children" with you on holidays) also we don't take as many risks as we had when we were very young and stupid.

Amsterdam, and other places in Holland are good for families with small kids to go in summer time. Stay for a week or more in the same city, and take local transportation to go to attractions. Saravanabhavan (the Madras Vegetarian/vegan) restaurant is also in the city.

4. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Anika- it depends a lot on your taste. We have travelled with kids (as young as 1.5) to Spain, Portugal, the UK (England and Scotland), Amsterdam, and Switzerland. Most recent Europe trip was last year (5.5 and 3 years old kids) to London, Glasgow, and Edinburgh. As @laks said we also read to the kids about places we travel to. My son wanted to go to Stonehenge and we did a day trip from London (Stonehenge and Bath). If you haven’t been to London, I would highly recommend checking it out. The Natural History museum is our favorite. We usually stay at the Strand hotel in London.

We are planning a Europe trip in July next year as well. Our plan is to fly in Stockholm, take a ferry to Helsinki, a day trip to Tallinn, fly to Prague, train to Bratislava, train to Budapest, another train to Vienna, fly to Paris, and the return flight to the west coast from Paris ( 3 weeks trip). We stay a minimum 3 days in each place to make it worthwhile. Budapest is sort of on hold for us depending on how we feel. Good thing about trains is, if we don’t feel like going, we can just cancel the trip and stay put.

I have been to Vienna and it is one of my favorite cities. Paris/ my husband and I have been to but my son wants to visit NotreDame (although it won’t be open) and Eiffel Tower.

I would suggest you involve your daughter in planning. She will be more excited about the trip that way. If you go to Amsterdam (lovely city), plan a side trip to Brussels and Gent, a bit different from Amsterdam and quite beautiful. June/July will be warm every where .

5. ashwinid01

ashwinid01 Gold IL'ite

Like many mentioned, Italy gets very warm from mid june. Even i dint like venice.. I dint find anything awesome there.. If i were you, i would do Bavarian part of Germany, Austria, Prague,Lake Bled,Hungary. If you have enough time you can plan croatia.. One of my cousins had been to Montenegro, it was simply beautiful. Scandavian countries,scotland are very pretty too.

In austria, in salzburg and tirol region, there are lot of exciting things for kids.. Rodelbahn for example.