Best place to shop for tops, skirts, accessories and shoes in Delhi

Discussion in 'Delhi' started by MeenLoch, Jun 15, 2009.

1. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

I am traveling to India in a week s time. Please share with me your most favorite places to shop for following.
    1. Salwars
    2. Shoes
    3. Bags
    4. Gift items.

2. simi001

simi001 Senior IL'ite

HI!

there are many markets in Delhi where you can get salwars, shoes , bags & other gift items.

You can try shops In Karol baag for ethnic and modern jewelery
    For Cheap Imported Goods, Electronic Items, Embroidered Bead Work Dresses, Handicrafts and Cheap Consumer Goods you can try going to Palika bazaar
    Delhi Haat is good for Handlooms, Handicrafts Products From all over India.
    Chandni chowk is very famous for Bridal Trousseau , you will really get very good party wear saree and salwar suits there.
    You can try lajpat nagar , its in South delhi you will get very good kurtis & salwaar kameez suits here at that too very reasonably priced.

GK( greater kailash market more famously known as GK) is another good place to shop you will get good quality things here....slightly upscale market :)
    And in case u wanna go mall shopping one stop place is Ansal plaza all the major brands are there .......

And yeah always remember in case you are going street shopping in any of the above mentioned markets, u can easily bargain in these markets.

Have a pleasant stay in Delhi and enjoy shopping :)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  3. BandanaSen

BandanaSen Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    There are a couple of malls in Delhi of course. The malls in Delhi-Ghaziabad border are good. South Delhi of course has the Ansal Mall off South Ex and the Select City Walk Mall in Saket.
    If you want to get a feel of the city markets, you can go to Lajpat Nagar where you will get everything from dresses to shoes. I also like going to the Sarojini Nagar Market. Here prices are certainly much more reasonable and there are pavement sellers who sell good stuff.Both places have good restaurants where you can get a bite after all the shopping.

4. kk2009

kk2009 New IL'ite

If you want to buy the best Indian clothes and accessories at affordable prices then go to Chandni Chowk. The place is just fantastic. I got a saree from a shop in Chandni Chowk for half the price they were asking in Rajouri Garden.

I couldn't believe my eyes.... It was the exact same sari I couldn't buy because it was priced Rs 7,999 in Rajouri Garden showroom. At the tinsy-minsy shop in Chandni Chowk I got it for only 4,250 after little bargaining.

5. anita212

anita212 New IL'ite

Shopping in delhi

I will be going toDelhi for 3 days and staying in Greater Kailash 1 area, can you all please suggest some good shop names for :
    curtain
    Sarees
    Salwar Kammez
    Ladies Tailors
    Skirts & Tops.
    Thanks

Note: Please suggest me names of shops, I can go to Cannaught Place, Sarojini mkt, Lajpat nagar mkt.

6. sushmasrivastav

sushmasrivastav Bronze IL'ite

Re: Shopping in delhi

Hi
    Welcome to New Delhi. Depending on your budget, you have a variety of shopping options. C Block Market in Greater Kailash I has some exclusive shops with excellent stuff. One such shop is L'affaire.
    If you are looking for good stuff at nearby locations, you can try Ahuja Vastra Bhandar in Govindpuri. For great sarees from all over India, you can try the Handloom Exhibition near Market no 1 in C.R.Park.
    Lajpat Nagar of course has a good variety. You can get quality stuff at Ritu Wears, V Mart, and Chun Mun. Then there is a big Westside Store (a TATA company) beside the Lajpat Nagar Police Station. You can buy everything from crockery to garments at Westside.
    Happy shopping.:cheers