1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

"Best out of waste",support my thread

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by sankasailaja, Feb 17, 2007.

did u like my thread

1. yes

131 vote(s)
    99.2%
  2. no

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

As I had already explained in Gardening, cortons lined with polythene bags could be used to plant dhaniya, tomatoes, keerai and green chillies. Every month my provision shop sends me provision in corton box and I use them for this purpose. Even old plastc buckets and paint cans could be used for gardening. Old water bottles could be used to water your plants when you are away from home for a short time. You could make few holes with a pin and fill them up with water and leave them at the pots.
    Yellow pumpkins fibre like portion could be used to make chutni. Fry little black gram dal, chana dal, red chillies and perungayam and also fry the pumpkin fibre and grind id with little tamarind. If you want you can add coconut and kothamalli also. White pumpkin's fibre portion could be used to maka curry vadam in the usual method. If you fry and add this to vatha kuzambu it will be very tasty.
    Hope that you all like my suggestion. I have also attached pictures of plants grown in cortons.
    Pushpavalli

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. Mangala

Mangala New IL'ite

hello everybody

this is very useful thread. even i know many tips which many ILites already posted but i dont know some which r very helpful. thanks for the posting. by the way Chitranjan ji i downloaded ur tips.pdf file which is in tamil. as i am from Andhra i cant understand tamil. can u tell me what is there in that file

thanks in advance

Mangala

3. Gulli

Gulli New IL'ite

Hi All!!!

It really a useful thread..Here is my tip goes....if the amount of leftover cooked rice is more..then keep hat in fridge.An the nextday..while cooking rice add the leftover rice to it..Really it will be like the new cooked rice.u can't find any difference out of it...

Try it out..........:2thumbsup:

Cheers,
    Gulli

4. nandhinikumar

nandhinikumar New IL'ite

Hi,
    I would to like to add some more tips to this thread.

1. After squeezing the milk from grinded coconut, tthe left over can be fed to cow.

2. With the left over rice, vadam (vatthal) can be made during summer season. Soak sabudhana for an hour. Grid it with few gree chillies, little salt and add to the left over rice. Make small small rounds and dry in the sun. Tasty vadam is ready.

8 people like this.
  5. sudhabatni

sudhabatni Bronze IL'ite

Dear sailaja,
    I had been to u r thread today and i am so much happy coz it really helps me. Do u have any works that my children make with best out of wate because always they have competions on this in their school. Everytime I will be in tension when they have competition. Pl suggest me they have competiton next week for diwali to make diyas with waste material.
    Once my daughter made dressing table with empty match boxes so that time she got 1st prize. I want any idea is needed. Please if any one gets idea of creativity in doing this please give me advise so I can prepare my daughter to make diyas for diwali in advance.
    Kindly help

:wavesudha Batni....

6. ketal

ketal Bronze IL'ite

hi sudha batni]
    good idea how can preapre now dressing table
    and send to photo for dressing table
    or any idea suggetion ?:wave

Last edited: Oct 19, 2007
  7. sudhabatni

sudhabatni Bronze IL'ite

Hi ketal
    Thank u for u r early response. I gave idea to my daughter to prepare dressing table. First take 6 empty match boxes and cover with golden coloured paper or any decorative paper and then stick each side with glue. First in the bottom row take 4 match boxes sticked and for the draw u put small shirt buttons or any buttons which is looking good and bottom row is finished. For upper row leave two corner match boxes empty and place 2 match boxes on the middle two match boxes and again put buttons for these two boxes to open it like drawer. In the top, cut oval shaped mirror and stick silver coloured decorative material as it shd look like mirror and at the back side please stick piece of thin cardboard as it shd stand on that.
    (May be u understood. Pl if u get any mistakes forgive me) Sorry I did not took photo of that.

sindmani likes this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi sudha,

I think there is a thread in parenting and kids, where we discussed about best out of waste competitions...lot of ideas...just search for the link....

all the best also.....

9. sankasailaja

sankasailaja Bronze IL'ite

hi ladies

most of us have a hobby of collecting stones,pebels at beaches.we use to store them in our house.
    when we bring them,clean them with water,dry them and colour them with fabric/oil or any kind of of colour we have,spread some chamkis if u have on the stones when it is wet,so that they might stick to it orafter drying the stones (after colouring)add any ribbons/butons etc any kind of decorating items,which will be left over in house.

place these stones in a tranparent vessel and place in a living room or
    u can place these stones as a layer on the top of flower pots,which we use as indoor plants,so that u wont see soil/or u can avoid some insects also and ur living room looks very colourful.

it will be good,if we allow children to do.

hope u may like it.

bye

sindmani and bunnipriya like this.
  10. sankasailaja

sankasailaja Bronze IL'ite

hi sudha

i dont know exactly ,to prepare diyas from waste,but i had an idea,i can share with u.

u can prepare them with chapathi dough.

just prepare the dough for chapathis,how we prepare.

with the help of the original diyas or with help of any mould,make the dough into thick chapathis,then place the mould in it and cut according to that shape,after that let it dry for some time.

then colour it as u like and do some decorations,so that it might be colourful.

i think i helped u.

i expressed the way i know,if u had any doubts,u can ask me.

all the best for ur children in the competetion.

bye

sindmani likes this.