1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Best Indian restaurant in New jersey.Your reviews and favorite food .

Discussion in 'Indians in New Jersey' started by hemalathaK, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

have you tried any of the chettinad restaurants like arusuvai and anjappar in NB for non-veg??

2. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

Hi ami, Once we have been to arusuvai in north brunswick area.The service was really really good and the ambience was okay too, but the food was not so good except the kothu parotta.

We ordered for a mutton bone soup, but the soup was with less or no salt and it tasted too spicy and we couldn't drink at all.It was very hot, very spicy.Then after some time when the soup chilled down a little and after adding enough salt, I felt the taste was okay.
    I didn't like the biriyani either.But the mutton kothu parotta was really good.I liked it.I would give 5 stars to the service,not for the food lol.

3. hemalathaK

Planning to go to anjappar this week end.Obviously the purpose of this thread is to get the reviews.But unfortunately, may be I will be the person to give reviews on anjappar.

4. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

we are a pure veg but, one of my chettiar friend always likes anjappar though the food is little expensive. Again, if you are a good cook, then, we cant satisfy our taste buds in NJ. Try yr luck..

5. hemalathaK

Yeah, you're right.For good cooks, these restaurants won't satisfy them.But what to do, some times we feel like eating some specials like kothu parotta and soups which is not easy and tasty to make at home.Also we feel bored to eat our own cooked food daily.

6. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

Hemalatha, if you like kothu porotta, try the one at Karaikudi chettinadu in oak tree rd. I liked it, but its been a long time since I tasted. Not sure how it'll be now, just try your luck :)

There is a veg restaurant Chand Palace in Piscataway. Seems to be good. I haven't tried yet.

I'm not a fan of Anjappar too.. Just an OK restaurant - didn't feel it so great. May be my palate is different ;-)

Indu

7. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

welcome to NJ... The place of overhype :) :)

For good food, please visit the city. I have been in this place for more than a decade now and there isn't a restuarant where I can say with no doubt in my mind that it's the best. There are N number of such places in the city !!

8. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

Nandu did u mean NYC? Any specifc names?

9. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Yes, I meant the New York City :)

Many, Tabla, vatan, utsav to name a few.

10. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Re: Best Indian restaurant in New jersey.Your reviews and favoHrite food .

Hi Hema,

I visited Chand palace, after receiving many good reviews frm more than 3friends.

Its a Vegetarian Restaurant, all the items were really good...we were wondered its good that with vegetarian they were able to present so many varieties and maintained the quality too..

Only concern is price..its little pricey...i guess around 15-17$(buffet)some thing..otherwise it was so good.

During special occasions you need to call them and better reserve the seat in phone...or be prepared for 20-30mts wait time.:)