1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Best breastpump for working women in India?

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by megsmom, Nov 27, 2009.

1. malar_arasi

malar_arasi Silver IL'ite

Thanks Pooja for the inputs.. Will make a note of the same and get it ordered

2. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Hey all

Checked out Bpumps at Mothercare today. Medela swing was not in stock but cost was 10K. Avent Electric Uno was 7.5K. I am planning to go in for Avent ISIS Uno.
    Any idea on the noise? I was not able to find any youtube videos for this.

3. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Ramya, Have read somewhere that Medela, hollister are 'Closed systems' unlike Avent and others, which are 'open systems'. Which means, closed systems work in a way that,BM doesnt contact the motor or other screwy parts --> Easy to clean, sterilize, less prone to bacteria/fungi to live in. Where as open systems dont have such design. I purchased Avent ISIS uno in a hurry, am happy. But if asked now, i wud go for Medela. If finance is not the issue, you can go for Medela swing i feel :))

4. RekhaViju

RekhaViju Bronze IL'ite

My review on this is very bad. I got one last week. Most of the milk goes in the opposite direction ;-) maybe my fault, but not an easy one.

I am trying to order an electric one, will go by the reviews here and it looks like medela swing. A friend of mine suggested lactaline, any experience here?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  5. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Thanks Pon.
    I had decided on Medela Swing, but because of non-availability was thinking of Avent ISIS Uno. Any idea where else I can try other than MotherCare?
    Also contemplating on the money difference of 4K ...

6. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Ramya, the best place to check for info is the Amazon reviews...

To add to the review of Medela Harmony that I found on Amazon, models made before 2008 have a tendency to snap at the handle. Medela Europe and America seems to be quick in sending replacement, but I heard Medela India is not so prompt in acknowledging the problem. The design changes in the later models have ensured the handle does not snap, but you need to be sure about that.

7. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Thanks Tikka.
    Phoenix systems are no longer distributors of Medela. And they gave me the number of another distributor in Mylapore who told me that Medela services and replacements are prompt.

8. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Guys - Read all reviews. Medela swing seems to be good.
    Also, I found that what we get here is not a complete pack. Like you just have the pump and one bottle. What comes as part of the pack that u get in US is much better for the price. But alas, if we are buying it here, we will need to settle for what we get.
    But any idea how may storage bottles, cool packs I will need. Vidya, may be you can answer these.

9. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Ramya I have around three bottles and I store BM in that.. I have one bottle exclusively to feed her... I do it in a order so that my mom knows which is to be given first and which next...

Vidyaa

10. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Thanks Vidyaa.
    Still wondering between Medela Swing and Avent ISIS Uno. Both electric. THe difference is about 4K (!!) and also Medela has guarantee for 1 year with services available later on.
    Will definitely decide by this weekend. :confused2: