1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Best breastpump for working women in India?

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by megsmom, Nov 27, 2009.

1. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Hey Girls, Sorry been extremely busy and completely missed this post...

Ramya,

Yes we can use the bottles and pumps of different brands... Me using medela pump and various other brand bottles (camera, wipro baby soft).. i need more than one bottle to save the BM..so have diff botlles.. Just pump it and transfer to the other bottle...

Poonam, with regards to storing the BM, this link should be helpful..let me tell u how do i store milk... I store milk in th freezer even for 1 day and feed her.. and the doctor said it is completely ok.. actually he said, we can just store it in the fridge and that is more than fine to have it for one day..Say, you are going out for a couple of hours out in the car, you can express milk and have it with you.. it dont get spoilt in 2 hours in room temp...

I would write the detailed schedule in the different thread, probably ramya u can use it...

Vidyaa

2. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

I had the PISA and here in the US you can buy a car charger. Just plug into the car charger and it works just as well as at home. While on vacation, I used to find a nice secluded place to park the car, cover the glasses with towels and pump away.

Medela 9 Volt Vehicle Lighter Adapter - Medela - Babies "R" Us

3. malar_arasi

malar_arasi Silver IL'ite

Any idea pump in style advanced from Medela creates so much noise ? I saw good reviews about it but now I am worried about the noise after seeing some videos :hide:

4. Happysoul1234

I am guessing Malar that PISA makes a lot of noise because it is a very good and strong machine. I used it for 15 months without any issues and have it saved for the next baby whenever he/she comes along. I have heard from a lot of people that the avent machine dies out after a few months of use.

5. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

I second pmahensa - Medela PISA is very reliable - I used it for 15 months with my first, and bought the same one for my second one. Works great!

6. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

malar my friend uses PISA and swears by it... go for it if u wish to.... we were talking abt electric mini, which is extremely loud.
    however hv u chkd out the avent isis iQ duo?

7. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Hey guys, I have kind of decided on Medela Swing as I do not think I will need double. Any reviews on this one?

8. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

ramya i hv heard medela swing is good too... so u can decide bween avent isis uno or swing.. teh one good thing abt avent wld be u can use their bottles and storage containers...directly...

9. malar_arasi

malar_arasi Silver IL'ite

Thanks Pooja,Pavarun and Poonam for the feedback. I have asked my people in US to order the same via Amazon.

My next doubt is whether can we mix and match bottles and storage containers of Medela with other brands.. Though I have seen Medela accessories in shops like Mothercare here in India, not sure if the same has to be ordered from US. Any inputs will be appreciated.

10. Happysoul1234

You can ask your folks in the usa to order the medela breast pump accessory kit, which retails for about 25 bucks. It has extra bottles and the falanges for pumping.

Amazon.com: Medela Breast Pump Accessory Set: Baby

You should also get a couple of the packets of spare tubes, mine I changed every 3-4 months. it's a good idea to let the pump run for 2-3 minutes after detaching from the bottles after every pumping session. this helps in keeping the tubes moisture free and working for a longer time.

http://www.amazon.com/Medela-Tubing...ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1260469418&sr=1-2

as well as the white membranes for the yellow attachment. if these tear or are not placed correctly the pump won't work. I had to replace mine every 2-3 months. get atleast 2 packs if you want to pump a long time.

Amazon.com: Spare Membranes: Baby

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009