1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Best Birthday Gift I received

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by swathiudhay, Dec 14, 2011.

1. swathiudhay

swathiudhay Bronze IL'ite

Hello IL'S,

I celebrated my birthday before few days and to mention i received the best birthday gift from my hubby.

I received few materialistic gifts from my hubby but the best gift which i received is non-materialistic and the best which made me very happy.

My hubby mobile rang and i saw my SIL number and picked the call.We both have a habit of speaking to my SIL with the loud speaker on.
    She wished me for my birthday and i returned my thanks and had a nice chat and gave it to her brother i.e my hubby as i had to take bath and went away.

On coming back (my hubby dint see me) i heard my hubby advising his sister how a wife support her husband and understand his dreams and allow him to achieve his dreams and he was actually giving our example.

In Detail, My SIL was complaining about how her husband wants to do cloth business and he wants to invest all the savings in it as it is his dream and she doesn't want to do it. My Hubby was telling her she should allow her husband to realise his dreams and was telling her that he would not have been into IT Business if i, his wife had not allowed, he told her my wife is my support without her trust and support i could not have been earning what i am earning now and would have been still begging in front of others for salary, he told how i allowed him to quit his job after 2 months of marriage and how i told him that he can realize his dreams and i will take up a job to support us financially till he achieves his goal when we dint have any savings...not even 1 rupee in account for back up or no one for back up...

He told her he is proud to have a wife like me, who trusted and supported and advised her to actually support her hubby that both will be happy.

In a marriage both hubby and wife support each other but some people dont recognize it...my happiness is only because my hubby is so proud of having a wife like me.

After all these i just went inside after sometime and kissed and hugged my hubby and taught in my mind this is the best birthday gift and my love has increased for him.

Sorry for the long post....:)

10 people like this.

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Happy Birthday!!! Which is your actual birth date? Mine was also last week.
    It is nice to hear from you about your wonderful gift. Material gifts come and go, not the one you got it. It has more value than gold and diamonds. I am almost married for 39 years, but I remember all the gifts give me especially the one you got. My DH appreciates me to others, but wouldn't say much in front of me. we are luck to have husbands like that. I am also proud of you for supporting your husband in business.
    Have a wonderful, long married life.

1 person likes this.
  3. kdivya452

kdivya452 New IL'ite

That was sweet. Belated Happy Birthday

4. vchelluri

vchelluri Gold IL'ite

That was a wonderful gift Swathi. Material gifts will be gone one day but such eternal gifts will be there forever in your memories to cherish. Wish you get more and more such gifts from your DH in future.
    Belated Happy Birthday dear.

Regards,
    Latha.

5. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

that was so sweet if your DH swathi..belated bday wishes

6. swathiudhay

@Coffeelover - My birthday was on 3rd dec...belated happy birthday to you dear...It is so nice to hear that even you are blessed to have a similar kind of hubby...yeah we are luck to have husbands like that...my family loves him a lot especially my parents and my granny...

7. swathiudhay

@kdivya - thanks for the wishes

8. swathiudhay

@Latha - thanks for the wishes...yup i completely agree with you material gifts are not permanent and will come and go but such gifts will remain with us till our grave...

9. swathiudhay

@Sushamavja - thanks for the wishes :)

10. prachii

prachii New IL'ite

Congratulations for the wonderful birthday gift and wish you a belated happy birthday! You are a lucky girl :)