1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Benefits of honey

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by yams, Apr 24, 2010.

1. yams

yams Platinum IL'ite

Honey provides an important part of the energy needed by the body for blood formation. Honey helps to maintain healthy hair and skin and is a great ingredient for home made medicines and cosmetics. It is an important ingredient in cosmetic lotions, balms, creams, and face masks. It has many healing properties. Regular intake of 1 tsp of honey is good for health. In addition to the excellent medicinal properties, honey is supposed to be a good thirst quencher. Honey is used extensively in home remedies and herbal remedies. Here are some properties of honey.
    <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"/> <v:formulas> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"/> </v:formulas> <v:path o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"/> <o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/> </v:shapetype><v:shape id="_x0000_i1025" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:126pt; height:202.5pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\naveen\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.jpg" o:href="http://www.naturalremediesathome.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/honey.jpg"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]-->
    <!--[endif]-->

• Mixture of warm water, honey and 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder cures cold and cough.
    • It is also beneficial for weight loss. Mix honey with few drops of lemon and take in the morning in an empty stomach.
    • In cold, cough and congested chest mix 2 teaspoons of honey with equal quantity of ginger juice and should be consumed frequently.
    • Consuming 1 tsp of honey daily helps us to lead a healthy long life.
    • Honey is a good and gentle antiseptic. It is very helpful in soft, silky facial skins.
    • It is a good moisturizer.
    • It is a good detoxifying gel. It makes one’s skin radiant by removing environmental toxins accumulated in the skin.
    • It heals wounds.
    • Regular intake of honey purifies blood. :thumbsup

1 person likes this.

2. rizzu

rizzu New IL'ite

hai yam,
    its very true. i too keep on take honey with lemon in warm water early in he morning to control my weight. and i use honey as a ingredient in my facial mask

3. yams

yams Platinum IL'ite

thanks for the feedback dear!:bowdown

4. kokila19

kokila19 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for sharing the information :)
    I too take honey in the evening..

5. yams

yams Platinum IL'ite

thanks kokila!for your feedback:bowdown

6. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

YAmini,
    thanks for sharing the info.
    just apply honey in the chappathi & DH likes this taste very much.

7. yams

yams Platinum IL'ite

this is also nice tip la??? ha..ha..ha..
    thank you sai!

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  8. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

Excellent work done...Collected all and posted. Thank you

9. goldc

goldc Senior IL'ite

Hi Yams

Honey ....honey ..hmm i can think of only my husband... thats the way i call him.I appreciate your contributions ,good dear.
    :cheers

10. yams

yams Platinum IL'ite

oh! thanks for the feedback dear! hope so that honey might be so sweeter for you than this! ha..ha..ha..
    just kidding dear!