1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Belief in Rahukalam

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jul 16, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Earlier everyone used to believe in Rahu Kalam and never used to do anything good at that time. But now a days time is such that sometimes we cant follow it. As far as possible I try to follow Rahu Kalam.

When I had hip bone fracture in 1991 I was operated during Rahu Kalam . I dont know now why we did not think of Rahu Kalam that time. I was admitted in the hospital on Thursday evening and after examining me and keeping me with leg up till Saturday morning, then only I was operated. Might be because of the delay in operation we did not think of Rahu Kalam. But had the effects of it later. The operation was not done properly. The Doctor had put needles and made me lie down for two months and I had to suffer. The cot was my world. After two months I got fed up of staying in bed and since the Doctor was not doing anything to make me walk. We consulted another Doctor and again I was operated as the Doctor said that the needles were not inserted properly. Then after one year the needles were removed.
    After some year again I had problem, having severe pain in the leg. Then went to a good Doctor and had hip joint replacement. After that I was ok. All this I feel it was because of doing the first operation in Rahu Kalam.

So this time when the Doctor fixed the cataract operation on Saturday 9.30 a.m. we told the Doctor to change the timing. First he said already he has fixed 2 more patients at different timings and he cant change. Then when I said ok I wont have the operation on that day he finally agreed and my operation was done before 9 a.m.

I know for some things like interview etc. we cant see the Rahu Kalam. Whatever time it is fixed sometimes we have to go at that time. Its all each one's belief.

2 people like this.

2. mahaluckganesh

mahaluckganesh New IL'ite

hi iyerviji,
    It was nice to read your blog Belief in Rahukalam. But can u believe it I was born on an aadi vellikazhmai at 11.30 am peak of rahukalam. I have a wonderful family consisting of a loving husband and 2 beautiful and intelligent children. I could even say thanks to Rahukalam. Maybe.....

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Maha dear glad you liked the post. Welcome to my thread. Just noticed that today you have joined and this is your first post. Thank you for starting your journey in IL with my post. Glad to know you have a wonderful family consisting of a loving husband and two beautiful intelligent children. Must be Rahu was very happy that you were born during Rahu kalam .

1 person likes this.
  4. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

Nice post aunty, my Mom is like this all the time. She sees ashtami, navami, bharani, karthigai, rahukalam and emagandam.
    She has strict rules for cooking too, no kathirikai on ekadasi, dwadsai, no pudalangai on tuesdays, thaipoosam, krithiagai..she sees, yogam, and would say, don't do this today.. etc..
    sometimes i would argue with her, you have something or the other every day..

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

r]

Vidu dear glad you liked the post. The older generation moms are like that only. They follow everything. But now a days children ask questions why they should follow all these . I follow some of them.

1 person likes this.