Being shy and introvert

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by pavi4, May 31, 2015.

1. pavi4

pavi4 New IL'ite

hi friends,
    I used to talk with my close friends without any hesitation but it is very hard to mingle with new people.I used to talk with close friends and parents for many hours.I really wants to interact with new people and trying to reduce my shyness.But I am speechless and struggling infront of new friends.People started to ask me "why are you so silent?".After get together,i will be in a depressed state and afraid to talk with people.sometimes I dont know what to talk and how to start the conversation.I used to admire my friends those who are very talkative.When I was trying to improve my speaking skills,my friends told me that it should come by birth and we cant change our real character.Is that true?Pls help me friends...Does anyone change their character from being introvert to talkative?Is it possible?

1 person likes this.

2. jingi92

jingi92 Gold IL'ite

very simple go stand in front of a mirror ... imagine a new name for your image each day and start a conversation ... each time different topic ... Each time a new name ... simple right ... once u r confident practice this with ur helpful friends who won't laugh ... and bingo you are ready ... all the best

1 person likes this.
  3. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Hey Pavi4
    Its perfectly fine to be shy and an introvert. There's no rule in the world that says a person has to be an extrovert to survive here. So relax! :)
    It is also equally common among ppl to not be able to speak to strangers.

Now, so if you really want to open up then the rule is, to listen carefully (listen to what others 're saying), and the next important factor in a conversation is to have something in common to talk about. Now, 2 strangers might not have anything in common but you both might have something you can relate to.
    While the other person is talking to you, you must process your thoughts and find something that you can relate to in that conversation.
    For example, if you and a person have met for the first time then you might introduce yourself and then lets say as soon as the person says that he/she works for XYZ company then, whats the first thing that comes to your mind???
    Is it about a friend who works in the same company???
    is it a mall near their office building that comes to your mind???
    is it about a cousin who went for an interview in the same company???
    whatever it is that comes to your mind, just talk about it; this is how a conversation usually begins. :)
    Another important factor is your body language. Your body language tells the other person whether you like communicating with them or not. Never stand with your hands tied up in front when you're talking to someone, this gives an impression that you're not interested in talking to that person. Putting a smile on your face works wonders in keeping the conversation going.

Now, all this gyaan comes from one of the most talkative person on the face of earth. :queen

Regards

2 people like this.