1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Being Emotional.. Is It Good Or Bad??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Bestmom, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Bestmom

Bestmom Silver IL'ite

Dear friends,

Just an opinion, am emotional person from childhood itself...I try to be a practical person but somehow tat emotional person comes out.. And for gals no doubt it comes in tears.. My mom
    Always tells me to get hold of emotions. But seriously, its not working out..do u guys have any tips in case if u r a practical person... And my dh is a very practical person.. Totally opposite to me and criticize me a lot...I feel sometimes if am out of contact of humans..I can be less emotional..
    Regards
    Bestmom

2. shri0218

shri0218 Silver IL'ite

I agree with you..I'm a very emotional person too..there are situations where we have to be practical but I can never understand how one can be emotional in relationships. But over the years it has affected me a lot and have been hurt so many times ..have lost a few relationships because of this as well.
    What I have learnt is to accept the hard reality..even though it hurts not to show in front of people. I have a few friends to whom I vent all my frustrations and disappointments..it goes a long way....

Bestmom likes this.
  3. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

Dear I m emotional too.. I have learnt and know it's never good thing to be emotional n if ppl know that u r they take hell lot of advantage of that.. so learn to be strong or atleast show.. I show I m strong but one case I don't that's completely different story

Bestmom likes this.
  4. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

It is not good. I am emotional only when I am with my family. I will not cry in public or around unknown people.

It comes from childhood, trying to get the attention by crying?

If I cry, my DH would leave the spot, wouldn't say a single word. He will step back into the room when he feels that the coast is clear:BangHead: It is the first line of defense:D mechanism by knowing cannot win the argument or especially, if I made the mistake?

5. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

After marriage being emotional is bad.
    Be practical and cunning .Then you can be happy

shifas and Bestmom like this.
  6. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

Husbands do not like over emotional wives...try not to cry in front of him, he will never understand your pain. Its not that they are bad or insensitive its just that they are wired differently. Knowing this fact and keeping this in mind will definitely help you in dealing with husband(as in not to expect a shoulder from him to cry). Thats where your besties come into picture. Open your heart to a close friend and get rid off all negative feelings.

Anuradhasrini and Lichi like this.
  7. bruised234

bruised234 Gold IL'ite

As someone here said, cry in privacy. It is not good to hold your emotions, at the same time, showing emotions will allow people to take advantage of you if they are the bad types. Just go to some place where no one can see you and cry/laugh to your heart's content. It is not just about showing emotions, don't express your fears to anyone in general. Try to address them yourselves as much as you can. Nowadays women are being forced to behave like men, we can't express too much especially after marriage or else things can turn worse. So be careful while showing your emotions.

Bestmom likes this.
  8. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Emotional doesn't mean prone to break into tears. I'm a very strong person. Nothing can make me cry that easily. I'm very emotional too. I have to constantly tell myself to use my head over my heart. I tried to be detached but it just didn't feel right. According to me, being emotionally vested is good as long as I'm not getting hurt. I continue to do what I do but I don't let the actions of others, which I have no control over break me. It isn't bad having a high EQ as long as I know how to channel my emotions and I am satisfied with what I'm doing.

SGBV, SunPa and radv like this.
  9. bruised234

bruised234 Gold IL'ite

Being emotional and having emotional quotient are a bit different. Everyone gets emotional when they feel they are losing control. I have become emotional after I got weak and I see the hardest of bullies getting emotional when they feel cornered. These people are strong to the point of scoring over others, but when they think the other person is putting them down and has a valid point, they start sympathizing themselves and looking for justifications for their bad behavior. Having emotional quotient on the other hand is a different thing, it is the capacity of a person to empathize with other people given their situation - like if they are unable to perform properly due to some personal issues, giving them some slack instead of giving them a lecture telling them that are not the only ones to have issues. I am emotional but have no EQ, but I am trying to change that. Having high EQ is not that easy, it requires great strength and being less emotional.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    poovai, aswathyk and greenchilli like this.
  10. greenchilli

greenchilli Bronze IL'ite

You nailed it .