1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Being a housewife living with dh mother full time

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by cheesecake, Oct 18, 2015.

1. cheesecake

cheesecake Senior IL'ite

I am a housewife living with my dh mother.it is like freedom is gone.when dh goes to work its more boring.what do you all do to feel sane and happy because it is so monotonous and boring sometimes.i cant work and cant drive or go out alone for long yet because no time with small baby.do you live as per her wishes or do your own thing.though she lives with us for 6 months only but thats every year so changing as per her wish is tough.

2. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

If your mil would watch the baby, try going to the gym for a half hour every day.
    Try to make some friends among your neighbours.
    Invite friends with kids for play dates or get togethers or casual lunches at home.
    Find a hobby that you are passionate about, cooking, photography, blogging, writing, reading, painting or anything that will make you excited. I know its hard with a baby, but am sure for an hour or so mil can take care of the kid.

1 person likes this.
  3. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Dear OP, as you said your MIL is coming there for 6 months every year, that means half of the time in a year you have to live with her, so better try to build a good relation with her. She is from older generation, so she cannot change so easily, so try to analyze her mentality and try to be nice with her. Generally these MILs feel insecure once their son is married. So that's the main point, make her feel that she is an important person of the family and try to involve her in day to day decision makings and consult her. You can go out with her for shopping or for a walk. Yes some people may not agree with my view and may say that it's my life why should I live according to MIL's wishes. Yes I agree, but the fact is MIL is DH's mother, we cannot deny that fact, so we have to live with that fact. So instead of thinking like it's my life and my wish, think like you are doing this for the happiness of the family and MIL is also your family. I am sure your DH will be very pleased if you have a good relation with you MIL. Especially in marriages we have to make some compromises and we may need to change ourselves a bit, bcoz marriage is like a bundle, it comes with DH, MIL, FIL etc. so we need to tackle with all of them.

1 person likes this.