1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Beauty treatment had turned in to a tremor...Ladies your attention please !!!!

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by NaveenaSasi, Jun 5, 2013.

1. NaveenaSasi

NaveenaSasi Gold IL'ite

I read the below post in a social forum(Facebook) today and got terribly shocked... Thought I must definitely share it with Ladies I know and what else can be a best place to post this in !!!

DEAR LADIES PLS TAKE TIME TO READ IT...I DONT WANT ANYONE TO B A VICTIM LIKE ME...KINDLY PLS PLS PLS READ & SHARE...
    ATTENTION : Girls who want to do Glycolic Peel / TCA Peel / Yellow Peel / Blue Peel
    at La Helen Beauty Parlour, Trichy Rd, Ramanathapuram
    Like any other girl, I wanted to get rid of my sun tan and went to La Helen Beauty Parlour, Trichy Rd, Ramanathapuram and asked Helen for a suggestion. She strongly recommended me to go for a Blue Peel [that’s how she calls the TCA Peel] for both my hands and legs. I trusted her words and went ahead with the process. All was normal when she did for my left arm. But when she started with my right arm, I had a severe burning sensation just after a few seconds after she applied the Blue Peel. I immediately informed her. She applied some neutralizer but the burning sensation persisted. I was able to see 3 long streaks from top of my upper arm till my elbow. She said that it was a common thing and will peel off gradually. I believed her and waited patiently for the heeling process. But the streak in my right upper arm remained and became so much more prominent that everyone started asking if I had burnt my skin. Every time I approached her she gave me some ointment or the other, did some yellow peeling, derma-abrasion etc. telling that it’ll improve the blood circulation but never accepted that she burnt the skin due to overdose of the TCA. Now after 2 months she says that my skin is Hyperpigmented, hypersensitive and that’s why the skin got burnt. Everytime she asked me 2 wait for 15 days and 2 months passed by but the 3 long streaks remain as they were earlier.
    The worst part is that she gave me a Concealer (camouflage gel), so that I can hide the burn mark and no one will ask me about it. I asked her if I should consult a Dermatologist. She wanted me to wait for another 3 weeks, which I was not ready for and hence approached a leading Dermatologist, (Dr.Annamma John, in Saibaba Colony). She said the 2nd layer of my skin, i.e the Dermis has been burnt and she can only try and cannot guarantee 100% recovery. Moreover she said I’m the 5th case like this from Helen for Skin burn treatment. It is so painful to hear from the Doctor that TCA(Blue) &Glycolic (Yellow) peel is a very strong one to be done under the guidance of a Dermatologist , But Helen recommends and does it for anyone and everyone without proper knowledge of their skin condition. Now my Dermatologist want me even to file a case in the consumer forum as it’s not ethical for a beautician to perform such risky procedures on her client and cause permanent damage to the skin.
    • Even if I go by her words that my skin is Hyper-pigmented or Hyper-sensitive, was it not her responsibility to do a skin test before starting the process and test if my skin is suitable for the process?
    • Moreover I did the peel on both my hands and both feet. But the burn occurred only in my right upper arm and nowhere else. How is it possible?
    • She gave me few more peels and abrasions to get rid of the burnt mark and says she has given me free treatment and cannot do anything more. I don’t want her free treatment but what I want is only a permanent solution to the problem.
    • She’s suggesting to apply concealer which means she wants me to hide the burn all my life and live with it.
    • Why should a beautician do such Peel treatments which involve so much risk and is supposed to be done only by a Dermatilogist. A person’s body is worth much more than a few hundreds or thousands that she charges for such treatments!

Find an attachment of the pics of the victim !!! Beware u all....

Attached Files:

2 people like this.

2. manjubashini

manjubashini IL Hall of Fame

Oh god...while reading i cudnt catchup the seriousness...but after seeing pictures i felt very bad..

1 person likes this.
  3. NaveenaSasi

NaveenaSasi Gold IL'ite

Yeah Manju.. Dats why I din't want to miss posting the pics...

4. happytides123

happytides123 New IL'ite

OMG. This is real bad. I think you should file a complaint against her. I know that will not remove the scars but will teach her a lesson. How much did it cost you to get the peel done. Does she have an account in any social networking site. I think you should put it up there too. Thanks for sharing this experience. I am just feeling so bad for you. I will pray sincerely that this gets off frm your arms.

5. NaveenaSasi

NaveenaSasi Gold IL'ite

Hi Deepa,

I am sorry if I have not mentioned it clearly.. I didn't go through this Deepa.. I read it in a social forum and shared it to all here.. Thanks for ur concerns.. I too wish the victim gets healed soon..

6. yahu

yahu Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Sorry..It's very horrible and its a lesson for ladies who blindly believe the beautician. I pray to god to get away from the burnt marks soon.

7. kalaipriya

kalaipriya Platinum IL'ite

I wish the victim gets healed soon.

8. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hi buddy
    Thanks for this eye-opener post.Since she is not the first victim and for the sake of future sufferer,If she has the witness papers with her,she can go head and file a petition in consumer court.If she gets or not the compensation/her original status,but,might be a warning to the so called fake.

Thanks.

1 person likes this.
  9. hasan123

hasan123 New IL'ite

thanks for important word shear and discuss with us.

1 person likes this.
  10. cynthiaflowers

cynthiaflowers New IL'ite

Oh my God! Are you not filing any complaints?
    Anyways, you have a great inputs here. Eye opener for women. My dilemma is with cellulite.
    As much as I know hormonal imbalances plays an important role in the improvement of cellulite. Puberty is a hormonal imbalance that is why many girls develop cellulite during this time. Some women are more cynical due to weight, poor circulation, weaker skin or detoxifying problems. Any changes to female hormones can cause cellulite including taking the contraceptive pill and pregnancy. I am speaking from my own personal struggles with cellulite. I found a new way to help me with my problem and I am loving it!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013