1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Beauty Tips From An Accountant –Lesson I

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by varalotti, Nov 6, 2005.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Surprising, isn’t it? Or disgusting? How can an accountant (exact Tamil translation is “kanakku pillai” – that’s what I am) dare to talk about beauty, and that too in an international forum where a number of beauties and beauticians are members?

An accountant only sees the ‘figures’ on his balance sheet or ledger. He often does not have time to watch the figures walking on the road. And even if he sees them he ignores them.

But I am a human being before I am an accountant. And I belong to the Indian culture before I can proclaim by belonging to the accounting profession. As a human being and as an Indian, and more because of the latter, I have the right to talk about, comment on beauty and even give some tips by the way. For were we not the first culture in the whole world to glorify beauty and give it a place equal to truth and bliss? Yes, we placed “sundaram” (beauty) along with “sathyam” (truth) and “shivam” (bliss) (“sathyam, shivam, sundaram”)?

Now let me start the lesson by trying to understand what we mean by beauty. I will develop on an example given by the famous thinker Edward de Bono.

It’s a new year’s party hosted by a large ladies club. All the members have come in their finest dresses, with their most exquisite jewellery and with elaborate make-ups.

But Neha stands apart. She is tall enough to qualify for a beauty pageant, her hair is good enough to be featured in a shampoo ad, her skin blemishless and her face the sweetest of all. She is in her late twenties and wears an elegant chiffon saree which seems to accentuate her already healthy figure. All the ladies are naturally gravitated towards her. She has her circle of admirers and feels like a queen.

Then walks in Bhavani. She is 35, short and fat and wears an ordinary cotton saree. When she enters the hall she flashes a bright smile to all those who greet her. In a matter of minutes she is thronged by the ladies. Every one has some question or other for Bhavani. One lady asks about her daughter’s education, the other asks about some recipes, the third has a medical question, the fourth wants to know how one should remove unwanted facial hair and so on. Bhavani does not have the answers for all the questions; but she nevertheless talks to them all and promises to find the answers for them.

Suddenly Neha is left alone.

Now Neha who overhears the questions is wondering. If not about education or recipes or medicine, they at least could have asked her about the facial hair. Or they could have asked about other beauty tips. After all Neha was a qualified cosmetologist and every one in the club knew that.

Every one saw Neha, almost with envy. Every one examined her dress, her hair and her jewellery. But no one was prepared to talk to her for long.

If Neha and Bhavani stand side by side nobody would have even looked at Bhavani for Neha was such a captivating beauty. But Bhavani was actually the centre of attraction in that party. Why?

Please think this over and post your views. And when we have enough posts, we will go to the second part of the lesson.

This is a very important lesson. Even assuming that we are blessed with Neha’s features we can have them only for a few years. But we can have Bhavani’s beauty even when we are sixty plus.

By posting replies to this thread or viewing this thread, you are signing up for a beauty-course, one of its kind, which guarantees beauty to you whether you are a mother grand or a grandmother.

- sridhar

2. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Oh no, not in the beauty section, Sridhar............

Hello Sridhar,

Are u sure you are in the correct thread????????
    I'm eager to know what this "kanakku Pillai" is upto????????? (just kidding.......)

But then I'm sure this would again be a thought provoking assignment.....
    Welcome to the beautiful section of Beauty Tips!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lemme go thru ur thread first and enrol myself for a beauty course.

I know this would definitely sharpen my intellectual & emotional beauty.........

3. varalotti

Thanks Meena, For The First Enrolment!

Hello Meena,
    Yes I am in the right thread. Who would not want to be surrounded by beauties? By this lesson/course I am not in any way belittling or demeaning the other professional beauty tips given through this forum. I am for them all. And this thread is not against such tips, it is only in addition to those tips. After all I am not suggesting no one should go out to a party with a shabby dress, unkempt hair, untrimmed eye-brows or unmade-up face. But I want to add to the beauties of those ladies who are already beautiful like Neha. I want them to continue to be a stunner even if a person like Bhavani walks into the party. I want them to have a beautiful mind as well.
    Meena, you might have seen Miss World and Miss Universe contests. The final round is always the question/answer session. So my thread is to train the world class beauties to be authentic when it comes to the final round of answering the questions posed by life.
    Thanks for the prompt enrolment and for the confidence reposed in me.
    regards,
    sridhar

Last edited: Nov 8, 2005
  4. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

kanakku pillai!

Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. Sometimes one sees a very handsome man married to an average-looker and we wonder why he's so besotted. Obviously he sees something else - her innate goodness or intelligence. Neha might captivate at first glance - but if she can't hold forth an interesting conversation or empathise with others, she'll have no admirers. Physical beauty wanes with time, what endures is an internal glow and warmth.
    An observation: Some very beautiful women tend to be self-centred and self-absorbed and this drives other people away.
    It was unexpected to find Varalotti making a foray into this territory! But the way he wove it into an anecdote made it different from the usual "beauty tip."
    Sharada

5. varalotti

How did you steal my future lessons?

You surely have a way with the words. Actually you have stole some points from my future beauty lessons.

But honestly I don't want to undermine the regular beauty tips given out in this column. But I am anxious to help women acquire beauty, that won't wane with time, beauty, that will be even more captivating than well-trimmed eye-brows, well coloured hair or a wonderfully made-up face.
    sridhar

6. ambika ananth

ambika ananth Bronze IL'ite

' beautiful' post..

"An accountant only sees the ‘figures’ on his balance sheet or ledger. He often does not have time to watch the figures walking on the road. And even if he sees them he ignores them."
    Do you really want all of us to believe the above statement of yours ..?? Sridhar we know better than that ...you giving 'beauty tips' itself proves you otherwise sir haha

Jokes apart, its a good post, dealing with a very important aspect of life.
    The famous artist Rembrandt pronounced ' a beautiful face is not merely a face with beautiful features, red lips and rosy cheeks..its something deeper than that !"
    Why Neha couldn't sustain the attention was because, probably she lacked that 'something' which is deeper than physical beauty.
    Its very essential that a person should be beautiful from within too, to get a radiant charm which is more enduring and long lasting.

Audrey Hepburn when asked to share her beauty tips, wrote - " For attractive lips speak words of kindness, for lovely eyes, seek out the good in people, for slim figure, share your food with the hungry, for a beautiful hair, let a child run his/her fingers through it once a day...!!"
    How very correct the most loved and famous actress is.....
    ambika

Last edited: Nov 7, 2005
  7. varalotti

Very Powerful Quotes!

I naively thought that I have to continue with the beauty lessons myself. With persons like you and Sharada on the site, the lessons would take care of themselves. If Rembrandt and Audrey Hepburn, two persons for whom watching, admiring and acting beautiful were fulltime jobs could make such profound statements, then the statements should be true in the most powerful sense of the term. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry - there could not be a more beautiful statement on the subject of beauty. Looking forward to the continued support of you and Sharada as I carry on with my lessons.
    sridhar

8. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

artificial beauties........

Nowadays, you only need height to enter beauty peagent and the rest - skin, hair, face is taken care of.

Once watched a prog in Star One - wherein they showed the preparations behind the screeen for the participants of Beauty contest. It was actually funny... they teach them everything from how to sit, stand, walk, talk, diet, exercise, make-up to cover ur flaws, etc. The transformation of the girls by the 10th day is amazing. Its like enrolling urself to a finishing school or maybe more.

But to be a beauty queen in our own rights, all we need to do is to follow Ambika's quote on Audrey Hepburn's saying........ maybe thats what is the secret behind Bhavani - her words and actions are simple and sweet and very importantly not self-centered to Neha who is cold, mostly self-indulgent and maybe talks about things which never appeals to others. So Neha must be someone who is vry artificial and very shallow a person while Bhavani is a woman of substance - more deep and means every word and action.

9. ambika ananth

ambika ananth Bronze IL'ite

query

Dear Varlotti,

"I naively thought that I have to continue with the beauty lessons myself. With persons like you and Sharada on the site, the lessons would take care of themselves"

In this statement of yours, is it the tone of exasperation or admiration I wonder..??

How can the exclusive 'lessons' you want to give, take care of themselves...?? I am as eager as everybody to know more and learn, please don't mistake my post as an ostentatious and a ' I know everything' kind.

Am I eligible to enroll for the course or not....???:?

ambika

10. vani

vani Junior IL'ite

Expectations!

Careful Varalotti...you are setting high expectations!