1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Beauty Queries..benefits All !!

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by anika987, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Cantdecide

Cantdecide Silver IL'ite

2. bron

bron Silver IL'ite

3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Waxing is the best. The growth diminishes over time. And heretical as it may sound, shaving with a good razor works well too. You can get the special facial razors though they look intimidating.

Laks09, anika987 and Rihana like this.
  4. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

NoNo is another option (google NoNo and see the various kinds) .. not as clean as shaving, but don't have to do it as often.
    NoNo is the electrical version of a Turkish barber technique, singeing the hair with fire, down to its roots. To use this, one needs a very strong exhaust (to vent the hair burning smells).
    Here is the video of Turkish barber... the barber holds a small wad of cotton in his scissors, soaks that in alcohol, lights it, and taps it on the uneven surface, like ears. The hair gets burned off.

anika987 and Rihana like this.
  5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

MalStrom, I read that waxing face skin over time makes the skin loose?

Nonya, if I send that video to the 20-something, her 40-something mom in India will kill me. : )

anika987 and Nonya like this.
  6. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I waxed my upper lip for years and if something has come loose, janta have been too polite to tell me. :laughing:
    Its a very quick process, so it shouldn't stretch the skin.

Rihana likes this.
  7. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Aren't Moms the last to know what the kids know already ..eh?

No!No! selling sites have some videos, the links of which you can send. You cannot experience the smell in the video. Defuzzing a face is the worse, just too darn close to the nose.

8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I have a friend who waxes her upper lip. Whenever we meet for lunch, she has a smooth upper lip. I once asked her how come it is always smooth, do you do it the day before in honor of meeting me? Do you never have days when the hair has grown back but too short to wax.

She was amused and told me I need glasses. : ) Then the waiter came by.

9. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I've been waxing upper lip once every three weeks or so along with threading eyebrows. Gosh threading upper lip is a torture I refuse to put myself through. Done it for years and no wrinkles. I had a friend in college who had rough facial hair and she had started waxing her facial hair back then. Even now she has smooth skin. I've also heard it's bad for the face but I've not witnessed wrinkles in me or her.

Rihana likes this.
  10. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    I have been using this one called " Panasonic ES2113PC Facial Hair Trimmer for Women, with Pivoting Head and Eyebrow Trimmer Attachments, Battery-Operated" for shaping eye brows, upper lips and under arms from last 10 years. It is easy to use and easy to control. I got it from Germany in 2006-07. So far I have changed the AAA single battery 3-4 times. It is available on amazon but looks like many women complained about the recent models by this company. there are couple other similar makes on amazon $20.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    Rihana likes this.