1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Beauty Queries..benefits All !!

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by anika987, Feb 7, 2017.

1. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

Its more of a catching up time with my ex colleagues for me. 3 of us are 3 different stages of life.
    I'm late 30's with grown up kids, one in early 30's with a new born and another one is single and in mid 20's. We get along great and this came out as a common ground we could meet and spend time together for non stop giggling :)

KashmirFlower, anika987 and Laks09 like this.
  2. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

@anika987, Look like you have some makeover plan as hidden agenda here? Moving away from being a minimalist ? ;)

Laks09 likes this.
  3. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

Josie Maran is USA based. check out her info here. Sephora and Ulta do carry her products. Do check EWG ratings for any personal care or cosmetics you use. Look for green brands with lower risk ratings there. There r way too many brands in the personal care industry. Even if we work for that industry, I doubt anyone of us will know all of them. that is one reason I have a hard time stepping into big malls/ stores...Select a few, try samples and then commit to just a few items/ brands that work for you. And once you find your favorite, do not bother visiting big stores/ websites again.

Sephora also give out samples. Their samples worked for me for good 2-3 months. Oh and try their travel size products. Josie's travel size argan oil and other stuff lasts a long time.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    anika987 and Laks09 like this.
  4. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

1) What is ph balance and best shampoo in your opinion?
    Kerastase

2)Best sunscreen for sensitive skin?
    Vichy Spf 50

3)Best perfume?
    My all-time favourite are BLV by Bvlgari (now discontinued) and Angel by Thierry Mugler... nowadays, I'm using Burberry Brit

4) favorite home facial tips?
    I have a plastic bottle with borax inside the shower, which I use for both face and body twice a week but everyday for armpits, elbows, knees, inner thighs. After facial scrub, I prefer using a cooling and moisturizing sheet mask instead of my regular moisturizer.

5)Does hair coloring gray hair?
    I haven't notice it but I've been coloring my hair for the past 15 years.

6)Favorite brand of makeup?
    Mac, Nars, Shiseido, Clinique

7)Favorite store for clothes?
    J Crew, The Bay

8)Most important beauty tip that works wonders?
    Keep your feet warm, your head cool, and bowels open.

9)How often do you do facial,spa,mani pedi?
    mani/pedi, twice a week
    spa, monthly

10) Best face wash?
    Vichy fresh cleansing gel

Laks09 and anika987 like this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Heard good reviews about Vichy .should try

6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

ha ha nothing like that..I like to spend on things that matter.Who dosen't like to look good plus every beauty product is so pricey these days.might as well splurge in the right ones and stick to it.Am happy for this thread myself coz am hearing about so many brands for the first time

Laks09 and JustAnotherMom like this.
  7. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

face wash- Dr. bronners soap/ avalon organics vitamic c renewal cleanser/ josie maran cleansing oil. Check out this travel pack from sephora.

lipstick- silk natural's rapturous. review here for office. and for other occasions, I try nude colors from them and from 100% pure.

anika987 likes this.
  8. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

Definitely, you should give it a try Anika... It is really great for sensitiv skin, even my children are using the cleansing gel. Their sunscreen is similar to the Japanese kind- milky and not sticky.

p.s. mani/pedi- twice a month, not twice a week

anika987 likes this.
  9. sassybeautyaz

sassybeautyaz New IL'ite

hi BB and CC creams are for light coverage, all in one type products so sunscreen plus primer plus skin benefits all together. Originally the trend started in Asia but now you can buy various brands in US as well. BB is beauty/blemish balm and CC is for color correction.

anika987 likes this.
  10. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Last time I read reviews was nearly 2 years ago. Had to go back and read. I saw the mentions of hair loss. I don't know why that would happen, but reasons behind hair loss being as varied as they are, it is not surprising that it didn't work for some people. I can only offer a personal testimonial based on two data points, myself and DH. We've both used it for close to two years. I have seen a tangible reduction in the amount of hair I lose in the shower. My hair has recovered to a certain extent but I wouldn't attribute the regrowth to the shampoo. That said, every time I switch to another shampoo for a week or more I start seeing more hair on the drain after I shower. I do agree that it dries out the hair, but that is something I have experienced with all the SLS-free shampoos I have tried. I make up for it by oiling my hair before washing and using a deep conditioner. YMMV.

Rihana likes this.