Beauty parlours in KL

Discussion in 'Personal Services in KL' started by preethiitech, Mar 21, 2011.

1. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi dear Ils..

I just felt the need of this thread.. Why dont we share the beauty saloons/ parlours that we frequent..

It is sure essential to know about the various special services that we get in various places.. May be we can choose from this thraed if we like to pamper ourself..

Please share your experiences.

2. radhika_sv

radhika_sv Junior IL'ite

Hi Preeti,

No replies for this thread... Surprised :shock:

I'm new here, haven't visited a parlour nearby. Have seen some parlours in Brickfields where they also do bridal makeup etc. Tell me about ur experience. Let me also know abt the charges.

Radhika

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  3. TeddyChiku

TeddyChiku Bronze IL'ite

Hi radhika,

In brickfields area parlour,
    some of my frens used to go but they are gud but they charges alot also u will get in bangsar area but they r costly too.

but u can try once..

Cheers!!!!!

4. preethiitech

Hi radhika, and teddy..

Thanks for posting in this old thread..:)

By now, I have visited quite a number of parlours and picked a few..:thumbsup

Normally, I would frequent the parlour for my threading! and occasionally for facials/ hair cuts..

Here, the first difficulty I faced was threading, because in many parlours they said they would do eyebrow waxing.. I was really scared and never opted for it! and in some they do plucking with tweezers! Both these are bad options (acc to me). One lady even suggested that all her customers do eyebrow shaving??!!:spin

Then, after a bit running around I found a lot of parlours do threading for the eyebrows!! (What a relief.....)

Usually the places I frequent are Brickfields, Klang, USJ..
    In Brickfields there are lots of parlours and they do good.
    Klang, recetly met a North Indian girl doing threading on the second floor near Restoran Chat Masala.
    USJ, Neetas Herbal does good threading, by far the best for me! and nearby house too..
    Subang, Jovees Parlour is also very good, but slightly expensive?!

For Facials, Neetas and Jovees again and an aunty near my home who does marvellous facials.. I really felt the skin glow for 2+months..

So, where have you all been ladies? Share your experiences..:cheers

Reg the charges:
    For eyebrow threading they charge between RM 6-RM 8
    Hair cuts : Normal Trimming - RM 10 -RM 15
    Facials : Depends on what facial and mask - RM 50- RM 150
    Hair-do: RM 20-RM30

The Funniest I have seen is they do "Saree Drapping" in all these places for RM 20-Rm30!!!!:rotfl:rotfl

5. mickeymini

mickeymini Gold IL'ite

Hi Preethi I think this is no way connected to beauty parlour, but i have a doubt regarding the reflexology ( i think they call it like that only,but im not sure). Keeping our legs in a tank full of fish. Will it give good effect? Will the fish bite us, will it be painful? Can u please tell me about it if you know?

6. preethiitech

hi mickeymini...

In a nearby place, they call it Fish Spa :) or "Dr.Fish Therapy":rotfl

Actually the concept is to allow the Fishes to bite the dead cells out of our feet; it cleanses; gives us a re-vitalizing experience.. Liked it a lot when I did it the first time.. It really feels nice and clean and cool..:thumbsup Like you have done a pedicure-like- stuff.. And its very popular in Malaysia, you can see this everywhere!:cheers

Here comes the most important information: Certain states in US have banned this, saying it is unsanitary.. The water/ fish or whatever.. Their view is all people get inside the same water tank, put in their feet etc. and the sames fishes nibble at all feet.. So, it is unsanitary!!

But worldwide, it is popular in Hakone, Japan, and in Umag, Croatia China, Belgium, the Netherlands, South Korea, Singapore, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Hungary, Slovakia, India, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Hong Kong, Bucharest and Sibiu (Romania), Madrid and Barcelona (Spain) , UK and France.

My personal opinion: Check the water, if it is clean, and if you find a shop that is sanitary; believe and just try the fish Spa.. :thumbsup

7. mickeymini

mickeymini Gold IL'ite

Hi preethi thank you so much for your fb.:thumbsup

8. TeddyChiku

TeddyChiku Bronze IL'ite

Thanks a lot...:)

9. preethiitech

That was my pleasure teddychikku and mickeymini, if the posts helped you atleast to get an idea of it here.....

Share your experiences on beauty parlours / foot reflexology / spa experiences...

10. dsouza

dsouza New IL'ite

It's not painful..I found it ticklish the first 10 mins...Laughed my guts out..We should all do it together someday..Didnt find a huge difference after I got it done, or prob didnt have the patience to wait hours at it.