1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Beaded Spiral place mat

Discussion in 'Creative Crafts' started by Ganthimathi, Feb 5, 2014.

1. superwoman09

superwoman09 Gold IL'ite

Very beautiful. good color combination

1 person likes this.
  2. varhem

varhem IL Hall of Fame

Looks nice.very appealing

3. revathysankar

revathysankar Silver IL'ite

hi very nice and olour combo is very good u have more patience to do keep rocking

1 person likes this.
  4. vibhavishwesh

vibhavishwesh Gold IL'ite

superb. can you please share the procedure

1 person likes this.
  5. Ganthimathi

Ganthimathi Gold IL'ite

Thanks for all the likes given and comments.
    Was worried coz after posting it on 5th I could not track it. It is not appearing on my threads.

Even now I am not able to see anything below my post, able to see only the second page and postings by Superwoman, Varhem, revathysankar and vibhavishwesh thinkingsmiley

I thinks it is all due to server upgrade issue.

Vibha I am attaching the pattern here. If you are familiar with bead work, it is done with single needle.

Spiral place mat.jpg

Starting with 12 beads in the first round – 2 white (W), 2 Blue (B), 2W, 2B, 2W and 2B

3 beads for each stitch in the second round – if the needle is coming out of white bead take 3 white beads, if it is coming out of blue bead then add 3 blue beads. Do that 6 times.

5 beads for each stitch in the third round - if the needle is coming out of white bead take 5 white beads, if it is coming out of blue bead then add 5 blue beads. Do that 6 times.

6 beads for each stitch in the fourth round - if the needle is coming out of white bead take 6 white beads, if it is coming out of blue bead then add 6 blue beads. Do that 6 times.

5 beads for each stitch in the fifth round - if the needle is coming out of white bead take 5 white beads, if it is coming out of blue bead then add 5 blue beads. Do that 12 times.

5 beads for each stitch in the sixth round - if the needle is coming out of white bead take 5 white beads, if it is coming out of blue bead then add 5 blue beads. Do that 12 times.

7 beads for each stitch in the seventh round - if the needle is coming out of white bead take 7 white beads, if it is coming out of blue bead then add 7 blue beads. Do that 12 times.

Make the first flower upto the seventh round and finish it. While making second, third and more flowers during the seventh round instead of 7 beads first take 3 beads, go through tip of the one of the petals of the first flower and then add 3 more beads to complete that stitch. Each flower is attached with the other one through 2 petals.

I tried to explain as much as possible. Hope it is clear. If anyone needing further explanation plz contact me. When I am free I will draw step by step diagram to explain it more.

6. Ganthimathi

Ganthimathi Gold IL'ite

Saroja Thanks for the comment. Yes I made them with seed beads.

7. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

its a neat work. spiral work requires lot of patience and ur outcome is perfect.

andal

1 person likes this.
  8. AnjanaSawant

AnjanaSawant Gold IL'ite

Nice work, good color combination!!!

1 person likes this.
  9. nnarmadha

nnarmadha Platinum IL'ite

Well done!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  10. Ganthimathi

Ganthimathi Gold IL'ite

Dear Swathi, Anjana & Narmadha thanks a lot for your comments and encouragement.