1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Beach outing for 3 yr old

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by WorkingWoman, Jan 20, 2012.

1. WorkingWoman

WorkingWoman Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

We are planning to visit a sand beach next month. We will have time from a Saturday morning to Sunday evening.

I want to know what all acitivities my 3+ yr old DD can enjoy on the beach. What all things I should take along for her.

So far I could think of swimsuit for bath in sea , ball to play, one plastic bucket set of sand play. Covering Daddy fully with sand. Collecting shells. Writting on wet sand. Anything else? I have to keep her busy for really long time.

Should I use any sunscreen for her? Any precaution needed before/while/after bathing her in sea? Please suggest.

2. nikhath

nikhath Senior IL'ite

That is a fantastic plan! My son just ends up spending the whole day near the beach. You might want to take some woollens. Usually I have a small first-aid box handy during such outings. Have fun!

3. 2bkind

2bkind Silver IL'ite

A cap and sunglasses would also come in handy ... also a big towel which you can use to wrap her when she just comes out of the water... my DD starts shivering the minute she is out of the water.. until she is dry..There are sunscreens available for children from lotus..you can check it out..

4. Sreyavas

Sreyavas Bronze IL'ite

have fun together in making a sand castle, beach toys , beach chairs, sun hat,beach blanket..., and ofcourse some healthy snacks. waterproof sunscreen is good.