1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Be Open, Surrender And Let Go!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Saritha @peddadas ,

Welcome to my snippet! Thank you for your warm feedback. You are right, there are some amazing people here and so much of positivity as well.

Those are some good ones you have shared, really good ones. Thank you for doing that. It is fun decoding isn't? I think there is also game one can play - I used to with a couple of students long ago.

Hope to see more of you!

2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mrs. S
    Yet again a very lovely article which tells us all to stop and smell the roses.

Your article is so positive that it restores faith in the beauty of life.

In my opinion you are the only perosn who truly honors God.
    Living the life He has given with a positive attitude, enjoying the nature He created, and taking everything in stride is the true "thank you" to God.

There is a lot to learn from you about positivity ... You are a teacher to me also.

I don't count steps, but I read license plates.
    I marvel at the creativity of those vehicle owners who come up with these wonderful messages using just seven spaces - letters and numbers.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Awww!! dear Kamla @kkrish ,

thank you so much. You know I take inspiration from you so much as well. There are many here who I seek out, read, find the energy and move on. Thank you for always being there. You are giving me too much credit here - I wish I could live like this all the time but I do have to say that a few minutes here and there living in the present for a few moments can surprisingly push us to have a wonderful day or even a few hours and when I write about it, it gives me an opportunity to continue to live in that moment longer, thanks to all the lovely feed backs I get! All I am doing is selfishly extending my moments...choosing what helps me keep happy and alive.

I certainly strive hard every day to do all that you have mentioned above. Thank you Kamala for putting it out for me in words. Now, when I forget, I will read this and rejuvenate myself!

kkrish and Viswamitra like this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Very well said, Kamala. This is why there are so many fans for you (me included).

Viswa

kkrish and Srama like this.
  5. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear @Srama,

While reading the newspapers first thing in the morning, it is those sickening news about adultery, murder, infidelity, child molestation etc, that scrapes out thoroughly whatever innocence is left in us. On the other hand reading your snippet is an enjoyable experience, bringing out the childish exhuberance in each one of us.

Having got to climb up 52 steps each day, many times, to my apartment on the third floor, that too carrying buckets of drinking water or heavy groceries in both hands, this chore was always an exhausting experience. But living in the flat was an heavenly experience, what with sea breeze blowing 24 hours, the flat offering spectacular views of sunrise , sunset and always the surreal experience of watching the rise of full moon. Presently, I am counting numbers for all those physical exercises I have to do for my cervical spondylitis, plantar fasciitis, arthritis etc.

I also have the habit of looking at the license numbers of cars that are parked on the roads, during the course of my walking and many times stopped to take a good look at those cars, having fancy numbers or single digit numbers, trying to analyse the personality of the owners. Anyway thank you Rama, for taking us once in a while, through the roads of innocence.

Agatha83

Viswamitra, Thyagarajan and Srama like this.
  6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @Viswamitra .
    You have no idea how beautiful the day has become because of your compliments!
    :worship2:

Thyagarajan, Srama and Viswamitra like this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Agatha83 ,

Thank you for your warm feedback. I think it is something to do with numbers - they are clean and come alone, disassociated with feelings and yet speak a language, I think ;-) Just this morning, I had to pay a bill, decided to do first thing in the morning, walked up to my computer and even as I tried to login, I completely forgot why I logged on! Looked at all the open tabs, but a total brain freeze. Then, a number (the amount I had to pay) popped into my mind and I suddenly remembered what that number represented!

why talk about news at all? I think we all have to make our own news headlines for the day that can help us sail through. As I look at my students, I do feel so bad for them between the news and the information overload, they have to learn to segregate the news and learn to see what's important for them. I do have a 'news segment' in my classroom where in on a weekly basis, one student becomes a news reporter!

Your climb up to your apartment seems like a thing to do, sans the load you have to carry at times. But I am glad you could walk into such beauty! I am sure you have those lovely memories tucked away to retrieve when ever you need them. As for exercise, a tip even though I am younger - just here, not the numbers but a breath in, breathe out works as a better mantra! When I do want to tell you that my yoga buddy gets upset at times because being in breath I forget the number of surya namaskarams we have done. She becomes my counter and keeps me in line!

It is so nice to read you! Thank you.

Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.
  8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Thank you for guiding to openness and surrender to the moment . I read all responses and your reply thereto and all reveals so much that there is so much beauty and enjoyment only if one has the will to remain with moment with the present. Yes I do derive happiness as I attempt counting the digits appearing wherever they are sometimes while walking or driving on the road. I am reminded of the numerous quotes that i memorized written on the rear of heavy trucks and autos ahead of me. Some quotes funny some thought provoking. Haathi jatha hai bazaar khutha bhuktha hai hazar is one such.
    Somrthing like that. This habit helped me to overcome the ennui in long lone drive on busy highways of MUMBAI.

It was nearing dusk. On my terrace while walking, I observe the evening sky and I realise all of a sudden that I have been counting stars. Certain numbers wherever it appear tend take our mind to associate with events. Like 10 to Dowining STREET london. 64 to chess board. 47 to independence. I add up digits to connect with numerology. Likewise certain flavours reminds us of past childhood events, friends, places etc. One may even recall close associates! Closing eyes mentally Chanting flower name one by one in silence recalling its fragrance frees me from stress. As I see a flower vendor with basket of varities of flowers from a distance, I think of fragrance of those flowers. Yes at that moment it is mindfulness exercise.
    THANKS AND regards.
    God Bless.

Srama and Viswamitra like this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Thyagarajan sir,

Thank you for your warm response. You are right, reading all the responses after the OP is a joy and rings more value. Interacting in this thread has kept me happy. Some what a tough day at work but I could every time remind myself a moment that made me happy and that had a smile plastered on my face the entire day.

Thank you also for sharing all the moments that bring you joy. It opens new avenues and teaches us how to live in the moment. Like I said earlier, we all have these moments learning to live them often is what we need to be mindful of and practice more.

10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Your counting steps reminded me of taxi rides in Mumbai when I was in my early teens. Every building would have about 20-30 TV antennas on top and so every time I stepped out of the house, I had to obsessively count the number of TV antennas I saw during the ride! :) As for climbing stairs, I tend to shut off my mind when I do, because I find it a really punishing task and who would want to dwell on a punishment!!! :p

Srama likes this.