1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

BC for applying 485

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by goldenrose, Dec 11, 2011.

1. goldenrose

goldenrose Senior IL'ite

Hi ILS,

I and my DH doesn't have a Birth certificate to apply 485, How to do that, Anyone has the sample (either affidavit or notary) doc for Birth certificate. Should I do affidavit in India or in US. Since im in US how to get the notary in Inida. Please guide me how to go through this process.

2. vibhaRam

vibhaRam Junior IL'ite

You can go through path2usa.com to get a sample of affidavit.
    You have to get notarized in India only, as you are Indian.
    You can email the template to your parents in India. They can get it notarized for you right!
    After that they have to mail it by fed-ex or so else can give it to anyone( your friends) to carry it to you if travelling from India to US.

3. goldenrose

goldenrose Senior IL'ite

thank you for your reply vibha, I have one more issue, My husband's birth was not registered at that time, In his passport his residential address was in Chennai, but his place of birth was mentioned in Madurai. Whether he can get the affidavit in Chennai or we have to get from the place where he was born.,

4. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

You can apply for birth certificate at the nearest Indian Consulate. They'll issue you the BC based on the information on your passport. Seems like this BC works for I485.

5. unhappywife

unhappywife Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I got my Birth Certificate right from here without much efforts. You can take the help of the site yourmaninindia website. They are a group of ttk health care and they can get your birth certificate and courier it to the US address. These guys are genuine and you can trust them. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Ki